Feeding Ferrets

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Yea I have read about them and i seen that you should feed them bread and milk.

I will read up on them abit more first.

Anyone know anywhere cheap for ferret finders?

I dont know what you been reading but NEVER EVER feed them bread and milk.I really dont think you should pick them ferrets up next saturday.As i said not having a go at you but clearly you need to really find out more before taking them on

you can see by the replies left, that members feel strongly about the correct care for ferrets, and rightfully so, ferrets being cheap to buy or even given away free, deserve looking after correctly, make sure you have a large as possible hutch to keep them in, protected from rain/wind etc, clean woodchip/straw bedding etc, should be replaced weekly at a minimum, make sure fresh drinking water is always available

as you wont be catching rabbits straight away, get yourself some dry ferret food not cat food, thee is no need to feed cat food nowdays with ferrets being recognised in the "pet food" stores

check your local butchers for chicken carcase, they normally throw these away,

NO NOT FEED BREAD AND MILK :wallbash:

whichever book you read that in, put it in the dustbin NOW,

try and find a ferreter close to your area, and at least, if they wont show you the ropes, you can offer to buy rabbit from them

dont be tempted to put them down holes, before you get a ferret finder and some nets, but dont just leave them in the hutch, because you havent got these items yet, handle them both every day more than just a few minutes, both you and the ferrets need to get used to each other,