Pigeon shooting today...

So i have had the last 3 days off college and decided it was time to get my eye back in for the pheasant season... So i took myself down to the farm and have ben pigeon shooting the last 3 days!

Tried for a roost shoot on the first 2 days, only totalling 11 between the two evenings. Was a bit disappointed but thought i'd have a proper go today...

The morning was the text book nearly winter morning, sun shining, slight nip in the air. I got to the farm at about half 7 so i could get the early few before the day really got going...I set up the hide on a hegde line bordering some stubble on one side and a new lettuce crop the other. It turned out that my plan was a bad one as they decided to change their flight plan for today! :censored:, but nevertheless i stuck with it and the first few came down, 3 for 3 shots, left and a right and a single as quick as i could load. The next hour was quiet until i decided to go and walk the hedge rows. Had another 6 here and returned to another good spot about 200yrds down from the hide where i shot another and 2 rooks.

By this time i was getting hungry and stopped in at the farm thinking i was going to call it a day...but with lunch in me i thought i'd go out again!!!

I went back to the hide and thankfully they had moved the flight line right over me!!! :gunsmilie: 4 hours later and another 17 birds later, im finally a happy bunny!

I'll put some pictures up once im home, but i thought id share my day with you all! Not bad i didnt think, 39 birds all on my own with only 2 plastic deeks, no flapper!!! :gunsmilie:

.Joe

Thats a good day, well done. I was out for 4 hours today, the battery went dead after 30 minuites but there was enough wind to get the hypa flaps going on their own as bouncers, looked real good. Was a quiet lunchtime and then the birds came on, it was a bean stubble with plenty on the surface. Came home with 30 birds.