which is fastest?

Look at almost any track and any graded grey (pretty much) will be doing about 500 metres in sub 31 secs down to about 29secs. Over shorter distances times start to tumble.A saluki couldnt live with that pace in such a short distance now a 800yard race now thats the point where I think you'd get some photo finishes. If however you went the other way and say made it 140yards Im not sure a if a grey could beat a good non ped whippet! its horses for courses

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now this is the quote of a first class idiot now i will take you up on this bet for any money you want any time you want you can even nominate any greyhound you want i willsupply the saluki cross you just state the purse that will be matched and arrange the time and i will supply the land now i defy you to show me this super greyhound because i can assure you millet i will be there and the money as well you put it up now when and where the balls in your court

Thank's for you nice reply to what i think and i dont think it warrented me being called a first class idiot..

I dont have a greyhound but im sure if i could get hold of a fit 600yrd track dog that is pulling in good lap time's and winning race's against other greyhound's..would certainly leave any kind of running dog in the distance ..so in my eye's your post is from a first class idiot.. :clapper: ..

Millet

I will also supply my racing cheetah it will give both greyhound and saluki thirty yard start and will eat the winner

eeeerrrrr brookie are you pissed?????????? you mentioned 45 seconds in your post at the top of this page.

so what are you actualy saying then brooki . do you think a saluki would win over 350 yards ????

no im not pissed although id like to get pissed after staying on this thred putting up with this bullshit now go back tomo and read the thred tydy and you will see that i said your greyhound will have jacked 45 secs and that pillock millet said that the greyhound would blitz the saluki and he would back any money so i said i would take his bet and i will the trouble with this site is there is so much bullshit put up by people looking to to argue and you sit back ignoring it for so long but when some one does respond then the jokers who by what they put up show theyre ignorance in theyre inexperience in dog work start spouting bollocks and causing arguments like i say a greyhound would not blow wind up a salukis arse fact . ive never seen a greyhound worth a wank both on the track or in the waterloo cup all ive ever seen of em in the waterloo cup give em 400 yrds and the rubbish are treading water now consider this get onto a bit of plough or a piece of rough set aside see where your greyhound is on level slips like i told him i will put the land up and fetch the dinero just fetch the greyhound and carry the rubbish of the field dont bother responding because im fed up now but the bet will stay open

I'd love to see exactly how much difference there would be at various distances, the problem would getting all the speed out a saluki, my bitch will stay ahead of any of our other dogs (beddy/whip/grey, second cross 3/4 greyXbeardie and Saluki lurcher) but she will only put in what she needs to be able control the course. Tight fields will bring out more speed bigger fields she'll settle down to tire her hare.

The fact that some racing Saluki's put in faster lap times on 2nd, 3rd even 4th laps give an insight as to how these dogs think and run compared to greys.

That clip on youtube of the Saluki behind the gazelle for a considerable time then suddenly dropping a gear and reeling in the Gazelle illustrates. Saluki have a far greater comfort zone to a grey yes they are distance masters but they they are capable of a fair turn of speed over short distance as well when the notion takes them.

been having a debate with a pal over which is the fastest.

what are you opinions?

from a standing start over lets say 350 yards for arguments sake - in a straight line - Pure greyhound or Pure Saluki ?

the jamaican bolt now wouldn't that be a race

where in my post did i mention 45 seconds you clown he made a refernce which stated that the greyhound would blitz the saluki i say bullshit dont tell me about greyhounds because i trained em for years on the track and on the coursing field and trained em to break track records sprinting and put a dog into the semi finals of the last welsh derby which was won by instant ganbler the brother to balliniska band which won the english derby the same year and the litter brother linacre won the scottish derby the same year i was 22 yrs old at the time our dog was later found to have had a long term shoulder niggle which had gone undetected not bad for a youngster as for coursing greyhounds heres a pic of two i trained for a bloke so dont try to educate me about greyhounds pal im in a position to give opinions because ive experienced both salukis ive got three pures and greyhounds both on the track and the field and ive yet to see a greyhound that can blow wind up a salukis ares my old china be f****d if i will be tried to look a fool in front of a buch of amateur pricks like you now get back to your plummer comics

dog015.jpg

i carnt beleave you actually still debating over this matter lol, but more importantly what are you trying to say are you trying to say that a saluki is faster ie, faster top speed than a greyhound, or that a saluki will piss all over a greyhound when cousing ? Because we all know greyhounds arent worth a shit when it comes to catching hares you only have to watch waterloo cup videos to know that, how many do you see get killed eerrrh not many they carnt fecking catch em thats why they have to use a point system for turns ect lol. if you swapped all them greyhounds for salukis then wouldnt be half as many hares left about the place. the hares in you pic must be lamped or road kills or just plain silly feckers, in my opinion THE GREYHOUND IS THE FASTEST DOG ON THE PLANET OVER A SHORT DISTANCE. BUT A SALUKI WILL PISS ALL OVER IT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO COURSING HARES, THE GREYHOUND WILL LOOK GOOD FOR 30 -60 SECS THEN THE FECKER WONT GET A LOOK IN.

where in my post did i mention 45 seconds you clown he made a refernce which stated that the greyhound would blitz the saluki i say bullshit dont tell me about greyhounds because i trained em for years on the track and on the coursing field and trained em to break track records sprinting and put a dog into the semi finals of the last welsh derby which was won by instant ganbler the brother to balliniska band which won the english derby the same year and the litter brother linacre won the scottish derby the same year i was 22 yrs old at the time our dog was later found to have had a long term shoulder niggle which had gone undetected not bad for a youngster as for coursing greyhounds heres a pic of two i trained for a bloke so dont try to educate me about greyhounds pal im in a position to give opinions because ive experienced both salukis ive got three pures and greyhounds both on the track and the field and ive yet to see a greyhound that can blow wind up a salukis ares my old china be f****d if i will be tried to look a fool in front of a buch of amateur pricks like you now get back to your plummer comics

dog015.jpg

i carnt beleave you actually still debating over this matter lol, but more importantly what are you trying to say are you trying to say that a saluki is faster ie, faster top speed than a greyhound, or that a saluki will piss all over a greyhound when cousing ? Because we all know greyhounds arent worth a shit when it comes to catching hares you only have to watch waterloo cup videos to know that, how many do you see get killed eerrrh not many they carnt fecking catch em thats why they have to use a point system for turns ect lol. if you swapped all them greyhounds for salukis then wouldnt be half as many hares left about the place. the hares in you pic must be lamped or road kills or just plain silly feckers, in my opinion THE GREYHOUND IS THE FASTEST DOG ON THE PLANET OVER A SHORT DISTANCE. BUT A SALUKI WILL PISS ALL OVER IT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO COURSING HARES, THE GREYHOUND WILL LOOK GOOD FOR 30 -60 SECS THEN THE FECKER WONT GET A LOOK IN.

well sed

Calm down Brookie,now forget all this crap about running hares and 45 seconds and betting and just answer Paul's original question,here it is.

"What's the fastest from a standing start over lets say 350 yards for arguments sake - in a straight line - Pure greyhound or Pure Saluki ?"

You've only got 2 options Brookie, pure Saluki or pure Greyhound so it shouldn't be too hard for you. :)

Thats my opinion - - - my pal won't have it though LOL! - - - - I summed it up quite simply.

If Salukis were faster - we'd be watching Saluki racing as apposed to greyhound racing.

Paul, your pals not called Brookie is he? :whistling:

Brookie did you train Waterloo Cup dogs?

The 2005 Cup had a greyhound from USA running, it had never seen a brown hare in its life let alone run one, in the first round it was up against the 2004 beaten finalist which led this bitch (who was 5yrs old)by 10 lengths to the first turn it then took over and dominated the course taking the hare back up the field and back into the beat to win the course,now the shy was placed 800yds+ from the sough so in a straight line there back up and beyond to the beat it covered at least a mile and half IMHO, in the second round it met the previous years winner Why You Monty which led it by 15 lengths to the first turn and once again this bitch took over and dominated the course keeping the hare in the field working it back up and out into the beat to raise the flag. covering as much if not more ground the 2nd time, O'Donovan caught his dog handed it to Tommy and went over and shook hands with the woman and congratulated her,as he came off the field he uttered the words "thats the biggest fecking arse kicking I've had in my life"

I'm certain that anyone who witnessed that first day could not of failed to of been impressed by Cashel Evening but that was the last flag she raised, the next day at Lydiate where the average course lasts 120+seconds although giving an equally impressive display she was flagged out.

So there are many greyhounds out there that can and do go on over the 500yd mark and stayIMHO

Y.I.S Leeview

:icon_eek: fu*king dum question to start with,you cant know f,all bout dogs if you have to ask that stupid question in the 1st place :(

F..U..C..K ME - - May I bow to your superior knowledge, and inability to read my subsequent replies - which clarly showed that I already knew answer - but couldn't convince a friend :feck:...........nice move there x