cattle dog x own line of collie greyhound lurcher

Guest ooty

Image006-1.jpg

a few pics for farmer crowly to think about !!

Image005.jpg

a litter im realy looking forward to,my own lurcher line of collie grey put to my cattle dog.seems farmer crowleys not the only one today thats been enjoying a little animal activerty today:whistling: on a serious note though,chuffed to bits if this works,will give me a lot of options on which way to take my line.also have the other put to a 27ats greyhound,cattle dogs are said to contain the original smithfeild blood,although this must be very diluted at best.they are extreamly tough inteligent and full of beans,cant wait :victory:

Edited by ooty

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all was,its working out realy well i just hope she takes,its a warped sence of humer we both shaire,we was born on the same day a 100 miles away,and we was a bit stoned.gona do it agian tomrow :huh: :crazy:

Edited by ooty

The way they do it in Norfolk.Pair of head the balls them two :fool: ,his nieghbours seen far,far worse out the windows.Will be interesting to see these pups,had the cattledog staying at mine for a week or so(his other ones here now) and what grand little dogs they are, should be a good introduction into the line.No! before you offer, i dont have the room for one mate lol.

The way they do it in Norfolk.Pair of head the balls them two :fool: ,his nieghbours seen far,far worse out the windows.Will be interesting to see these pups,had the cattledog staying at mine for a week or so(his other ones here now) and what grand little dogs they are, should be a good introduction into the line.No! before you offer, i dont have the room for one mate lol.
but its for free to you mate,dont tell helen though,my naighbour cant see f,all now.gona paint her windows next.that was on the side ov the road on the junction outside motts,shoulda seen the cars swerveing,thats mostly what we were finding funny was the looks we were getting from passers by,anyway,what would life be if you couldnt watch dogs have sex in public farmer crowely? :icon_redface: and as for calling us head the balls,whos out with us on our extended permission tomrrow night?? :whistling::whistling::whistling: Edited by ooty
Image006-1.jpg

Image005.jpg

a litter im realy looking forward to,my own lurcher line of collie grey put to my cattle dog.seems farmer crowleys not the only one today thats been enjoying a little animal activerty today:whistling: on a serious note though,chuffed to bits if this works,will give me a lot of options on which way to take my line.also have the other put to a 27ats greyhound,cattle dogs are said to contain the original smithfeild blood,although this must be very diluted at best.they are extreamly tough inteligent and full of beans,cant wait :victory:

not sure whose enjoying it more there lol :clapper:

When you expecting the baby fatty :drink: no seriously when are the pups due and how much you asking :thumbs:
can i ask a serious question?

how many different breeds would you have in your ideal lurcher,

and over how many generations?

thanks

Depends what is selling best :whistling: i tell them what they want to hear :big_boss: if i get it wrong i say i have another litter and guess again :icon_eek: i once sold a bullx as a collie grey cos it killed my wife :icon_eek:

Ooty's on a over the border raid for some Welsh fish with his lad for the weekend,but i have the acd that has been put to the grey staying at mine and i recon she's getting fatter.Had this one staying for a bit as well and have to say there great little dogs,amazed at the jaw strenght in them and their certainly not stupid.Can see the potental in adding the blood to a running dog,good feet,good bone,really can't find a fault in them.He'll be back soon but i'd pm him mate,i may forget to tell him.

What i do know is their both pure breds and about 18 months 2 years old mate,weren't kept in the best of conditions and ooty bought them more because he felt for them than because he wanted them.They have filled out well and have really come out themselves,they lived on chains so have had no training what so ever but are coming round,i have doves,game birds and a ferret court in my garden and have only had to tell them no (in a stern voice mind)when they took a interest.A real shame as you can see if had from a pup they would be such a obediant dog(but like i said their coming round),they have a indestuctable look about them and the strenght in their heads and jaws needs to be seen.They have a good waterproof coat one that has a good thickness about it but not wooly(if you get my drift),great tight feet with good straight legs,very strong shoulders and chest.They have prick ears so some of the offspringmay end up like this(some don't like it)and there so willing to please.Don't know about what lines their from or who bred them ooty might,hope i've helped a bit anything i've missed ask mate and i'll try to help.

i had a first cross cattle dog grey a few years back when i lived down northampton working as a keeper the keeper a chatsworth gave him to me he was a good dog took every thing i put him on even hares but never ever ever got a fox with him running just to big for that but it boggled me that he got hares and could never get old red as a drawing dog he was great in and out and over

the breeder still breeds these dogs i have been told he lives in cumbrea

i rate this cross 100% the determination is 110%

the brains 110%

and that dog never jibed at any thing

my persanl option on on a strait cross would be yes and i think a first cross c.d to a first cross b.g. would be a very intresting cross

but thats my option

sadly i could not keep him due to moveing back home and not haveingthe room then but ooty i would be intrested in that first cross you have done if you could let me know a price and if she did not take then i would wait till next time

The breeder in cumbria no longer breeds the line, io have had cattle dogs for 15 years, i have a 9 yearold dog from original line, been great, currently have a 9 month bitch, ACD/GREY/WHIPPET, only small, like a dingo, just started ferreting, keen as mustard, catching, marking, retreving, been once and chuffed to bits.

The bitch in the pic is about 21"ish the one i'm looking after is slightly taller 22,23",went for a walk down a beach with all the dogs today and she is very protective,she has to be between you and strange dogs.Both dogs have been out for a few mooches with the other dogs and arn't to shy of getting in cover with the terriers,they certainly don't seem to have a reverse gear but are controlable.Totaly echo what Dogmandango says about them and they really could be anything you wanted them to be,the sort of dog you could have round a farm that wiould kill vermin,round up livestock,go ferreting with you,clever enough to work a long net and i bet you could get them to gun work,forgot to add you would also have a dam good guard about.They are weary of strangers not collie sneek round and bite you type,stand and bark keeping it's distance but would sure enough get stuck in if needed,going on a bit i know but they really are sh*t hot little dogs and after having seen what their like am amazed there's not more of them used in lurcher breeding.

eric,do i know you or are you a knob??no offence,lots of my mates can be knobs,just you gotta be one of them before you can get away with calling me fat,in answer to your question on how much eric,probly 100 ./ 150,dont like to see people charge silly £ for working mongrols,they are ment to be a poor mans pot filler imo, see what comes out,the way i see it as not all dogs in a litter are the same,yours is a little more expensive cause you called me fat.be a couple of months before i know any more, wicked holiday,back to the grind,good to hear bitch is getting fat mate,seems you got things under control and more than one new pup on the way,il catch up later,just getting used to being home,bit of a culture shock, dont want to be home yet,found an ol shepards hut up in the hills would do me and the dogs,chuck an ol wood stove in then away sorta thing,cant even afford that though,will answer all cattle dog questions later as gona chill and do f,all today,nice to see the intrest, being taken in the breeding,they are fun energetic loyel little dogs with a spark to them,oh and 29 years is the oldest on on record,laters :signthankspin:

Edited by ooty
can i ask a serious question?

how many different breeds would you have in your ideal lurcher,

and over how many generations?

thanks

cheers smashy,good news,told ya them ol greys hold em up somtimes, :victory: should be some handy pups in thst lot mate,thas the kids crimbo prezzys sorted,id of been more than happy with a lucher of that breeding for christmas when i was a kid,still would if you have a few??.as for how meny breeds in a lurcher,imo id mostly go for 2,max 3,so meny things depend on what you want from a lurcher and the work you want them to do,if i new those things it would be a question easyer to answer :victory: Edited by ooty