size of a working terrier

A bayer type might suit you better that a harderish type if larger quarry is concerned. I brought this up in the large vs. small thread. I think a small hard terrier is worthless on quarry much larger or equally able to dish out damage. Size isn't always as important as attitude as a small dog IS worth it's weight in gold if it survives to tell the story another hunt. If they die because they are severely lacking cleverness and tactics in battle, your dead dog cost you a year of waiting to find out. Your expectation of bolting seems very reasonable although my experience with fox is nothing.

David and Goliath were to people. Not a good comparision in my mind. I see were you are going, but not quite the same thing. You put Chuck Liddell or Randy Couture against Joe Stevenson or BJ Penn, and the little one is going to DIE! Small and hard is a dangerous thing IN MY OPINION, when hunting critters larger and capable of killing back easily. At least now we are talking real combat and not throwing stones.....

iv got a little border russell x off working stuff and is looking like hes going to be small i no hes not going to be able to kill every fox but will he be able to be used for bolting , i just hear that a big terriers better can i see your pics ov your little working terriers

heres my terrier 13 inches..dogs085.jpg