Whats the most hares you done in one night

Guest mickyrich

I understood the reason that they killed so many hares at SMB was because they were so fed up with poachers.

The keepers had been shot at, had their families threatened and lots of damage to the estate. I don't think they made the decision to cull such a large number lightly.

I'm no fan of shooting hares, but given it is the only legal way to control their numbers these days, people should be careful not to condemn them too quickly.

There are plenty of hares out there for everyone when we get a decent government to repeal this unfair, classed based legislation.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FEBUARY DAY TIME HARES.... NOW THATS A DIFFERENT MATTER

Aye,your right chap,the majority of does are carrying young!! Another one who has obviously done nothing or little,jesus!!..hares start pairing up mid to late January ESPECIALLY further South where it is profoundly warmer by a degree or two..and where are the SUPER FENS where supposedly it's the ultimate test for running dogs?? It makes me wonder at times if anyone on here has actually ever done any form of hunting?? Rant over..sorry!! All the best PP.

just because its called the hunting life dont expect to find many hunters here,this place is a magnet for special needs folk.

More Great input by halfx :thumbdown: Catcher

I understood the reason that they killed so many hares at SMB was because they were so fed up with poachers.

The keepers had been shot at, had their families threatened and lots of damage to the estate. I don't think they made the decision to cull such a large number lightly.

I'm no fan of shooting hares, but given it is the only legal way to control their numbers these days, people should be careful not to condemn them too quickly.

There are plenty of hares out there for everyone when we get a decent government to repeal this unfair, classed based legislation.

AGREE... i'M NOT ONE FOR SHOOTING HARES, BUT GOT AN INVITE A FEW YEARS AGO TO WANTAGE FOR A DRIVED HARE DAY, (WELL, TWO DAYS ACCTUALLY), and 300 odd were shot on the first day and 320 ish on the second day,

up until that day i would never condone the shooting of hares but they are so large in numbers up there it does not have an impact on their survival.... this is partly due to the amount of 'stick' the keeper got from so called coursing men..

WHATS PEOPLES PROBLEM WITH RUNING A FEW LAMPED HARES PRE BAN OF COARSE :whistling::whistling: ,SOME PLACES ARE OVER RUN WITH THE BUGGERS AND SOUNDS LIKE HERE IS TO :whistling: I SUPPOSE THEY CAN ALWAYS GET THE TOFFS IN WITH THERE GUNS AND PAY FOR A DAY TO LINE SHOOT FLUSHED HARES I CAN SEE THATS A LOT MORE SPORTING AND FUN, :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: lurcher people used to stick together now its lampers against ferreters, rabbiters and coarsers, bull x fox lads slaggin lads who do deer of, etc etc what the f**k is happenin these forums are creating a bigger north south are dog world divide then ever,i think ive had enough now,mark :bye:

Well said mate to many folk to quick to jump in with negative comments :clapper:

i can only lamp hares whats the problem with it .as for being against each other all i dont do from the above is shoot

i shot 42 in 1 night once at spalding,used to piss me right of because my dogs couldnt catch them in the day and the coursing men would never let me come with them so me and my dad went and shot 43 with a bsa airsporter s

what with your eye sight :D and they didn't have sat nav in those days , so how the feck did you find spalding. :clapper: