Bull Blooded Earth Dogs

A bull blooded dog that we've had a few good digs to...

stevie5sept.jpg

i dont mean anythink by this lads but why would you want bull blood in terriers like patts and lake's. the patts ive got are off they heads and dont stop,no revesre gear. just car'nt see the point.

there only 8 months old stu they aint had time to go in forward gear :feck:

HA HA HA :clapper::clapper::clapper::icon_redface:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevie5sept.jpg

i dont mean anythink by this lads but why would you want bull blood in terriers like patts and lake's. the patts ive got are off they heads and dont stop,no revesre gear. just car'nt see the point.

:wallbash::doh::doh:

stevie5sept.jpg

try 10 months almost 11 my little nuneaton friend

stevie5sept.jpg

just let me know when you want me to breed you a terrier.......theys no charge the last one...just the joy to see a smile upon your face! see you at the next dig :aikido: remember 'always forward never looking back' :drinks:

stevie5sept.jpg

just let me know when you want me to breed you a terrier.......theys no charge the last one...just the joy to see a smile upon your face! see you at the next dig :aikido: remember 'always forward never looking back' :drinks:

stu take your tongue out my arse your not a dog now are you i will stick to the £50 machine he hasnt let us down yet. An by the way thought you said no reverse gears they havnt bin dug to yet :wallbash: so you might find they are stuck in neutrol :clapper:

In my stamping ground (North East England) the Patterdales are now having so much bull terrier blood introduced that a lot of specimens look like miniature Staffordshire Bull Terriers. It's heading for the stage where the name Patterdale will no longer apply as they will be so far from the type that they are almost Staffies.

IMO it's all driven by the "my dog's harder than yours" mentality and the true terrier temperament is being lost.

Each to there own, Ive been out with 2 different types of bull x patterdale, One is mexican pit x patterdale and

one Staffie x patterdale, Both of them find the quarry and lock up to it not one bayed, there hard dogs and hold the quarry in the tube,but do get marked up all the time.

I think the right Bull blood added to the right type of terrier is good, but a half cross is too much...if the Bull is of the right sort, then you dont need that much, i would think a 1/4 or less would be more than enough...

Some of the BEST finding dogs ive seen have been Bull blooded, both Lurchers, and Terriers...the Bull is NOT famed for its scenting ability, but the drive/desire/prey drive, whatever you want to call it, can make them VERY good finders imo...they want that combat, they want to meat there mortal enemy so BAD, they search like crazy, if that makes sense...you have to use good gear with any breeding, you just cant breed from any Bull, or any terrier.

Kye..

DOWNSOUTH WHAT WHEELER DOG DID YOU USE ON YOUR BITCH. THERE IS A COUPLE OF FELLAS LIVE ROUND MY WAY THAT KEEP WHEELER LINES. NOT MY CUP OF TEA AS THE ONES I HAVE SEEN THOUGH BUILT FOR THE JOB, LACKED IN THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL AND FIND. THE MOST IMPORTENT INGREDIENTS IN THE MAKE UP OF ANY WORKING TERRIER AWAY FAR BEFORE, HEAD, JAW, AND BONE.
the first dog i used a few tears back was my mates dog charlie (wheelers sally x phelans nip) this dog was 1/8 bull and produced some very good dogs when put to different bitches the second dog i used belonged to the same mate and was just under 1/4 bull linebred off variouse wheeler dogs this was the dog that produced rabbithunters dog the last litter was by meg back to her own son by charlie this litter produced some decent stuff (REAL EARLY STARTERS) a bitch ended up with mr wheeler and a dog with rabbithunters mate. Megs next litter which will be her last as she is knocking on now will be out of a charlie son.My mates who had a few wheeler dogs will be the first to admit that when linebred some of the results were not so good but when the right dogs were put to the right terrier bitches you could got some very good stuff.Thetrouble is some people think you can put any old bull to any old terrier and get hard dogs i agree that the ability to find and travel are more important than bone jaw etc but isnt it nice to have both.One last thing some comlete idiots managed to get their hands on wheeler blood and bred it to anything and everythingand a couple of generations later stuff is still being labeled as wheeler bred

stevie5sept.jpg

stu take your tongue out my arse your not a dog now are you i will stick to the £50 machine he hasnt let us down yet. An by the way thought you said no reverse gears they havnt bin dug to yet :wallbash: so you might find they are stuck in neutrol :clapper:

ha ha ha now we both know thats going to happen! now go and get yourself something your starting to sound like RON! (heaven forbid)

p.s im glad you've finally got a good terrier you must agree you had enough goes buying from the tamworth dog pound! ha ha now lets play nicly and i'll see at the weekend!

Edited by skeet

:notworthy:

stevie5sept.jpg

ha ha ha now we both know thats going to happen! now go and get yourself something your starting to sound like RON! (heaven forbid)

p.s im glad you've finally got a good terrier you must agree you had enough goes buying from the tamworth dog pound! ha ha now lets play nicly and i'll see at the weekend!

guess who !! g,b"s let me on his computer and ive had some interesting reading,and im a little concerned ! " boy " youve been laying it down, are you on drugs ! in my experience i think you should take your time and let the dogs mature at there own pace, and dont rush em . small steps , if you watch em they"ll let you know when there ready ! and hopefully you"ll end up with the dogs youve been talking about . all the best black water kennels . :notworthy:
DOWNSOUTH WHAT WHEELER DOG DID YOU USE ON YOUR BITCH. THERE IS A COUPLE OF FELLAS LIVE ROUND MY WAY THAT KEEP WHEELER LINES. NOT MY CUP OF TEA AS THE ONES I HAVE SEEN THOUGH BUILT FOR THE JOB, LACKED IN THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL AND FIND. THE MOST IMPORTENT INGREDIENTS IN THE MAKE UP OF ANY WORKING TERRIER AWAY FAR BEFORE, HEAD, JAW, AND BONE.
the first dog i used a few tears back was my mates dog charlie (wheelers sally x phelans nip) this dog was 1/8 bull and produced some very good dogs when put to different bitches the second dog i used belonged to the same mate and was just under 1/4 bull linebred off variouse wheeler dogs this was the dog that produced rabbithunters dog the last litter was by meg back to her own son by charlie this litter produced some decent stuff (REAL EARLY STARTERS) a bitch ended up with mr wheeler and a dog with rabbithunters mate. Megs next litter which will be her last as she is knocking on now will be out of a charlie son.My mates who had a few wheeler dogs will be the first to admit that when linebred some of the results were not so good but when the right dogs were put to the right terrier bitches you could got some very good stuff.Thetrouble is some people think you can put any old bull to any old terrier and get hard dogs i agree that the ability to find and travel are more important than bone jaw etc but isnt it nice to have both.One last thing some comlete idiots managed to get their hands on wheeler blood and bred it to anything and everythingand a couple of generations later stuff is still being labeled as wheeler bred

not getting into a debate but isnt that what wheeler done himself!the later part of yor post, where do you think he started the breed and many others?

DOWN SOUTH is there a dog called GUNNELL in your bitches pedigree.

Edited by ROOSTER

Half brother they had the same dam gunnel was right animali think his sire was bred by GG their dam was one hell of a bitch, built better than most dogs and produced good stuff when put to different dogs.Iwas chatting to the guy who owned gunnel a couple of weeks ago and he still keeps stuff down from a bitch called storm which was by gunnel back to his dam