whippet v small lurchers

who is breeding real working whippets not ones that run lures or sim coursing because whilst it has merit it is really only one aspect of what required in the field. i would say alot of people go for small lurchers because they are put off by the way the non pedigree show people have ruined the whippets. i will say this the person that started this topic has some good looking dogs as i see them at the shows. I will be looking for a w hippet dog for next summer to cover my lurcher bitch so i am interested to see aht this topic will reveal.

mate you are more than well come to come out lamping with me these whippets of mine are far from show standed dog they are out and out workers you know the woman that breed my old dog and i breed the pup i now have we are trying to get a good breeding program going now but testing the dog to the full before any mateing takes place

robert

There are plenty of good working whippets about if you know where to look, IMO a whippet is more than a match for most small lurchers. 28 daytime rabbits.

DNA8.jpg

ra10.jpg

ra9.jpg

Here is the black dog with his dam both have lure coursed both have won best of breed in a show & the dam has also raced all in a days pleasure.

PoppyJack.jpg

Here is the black dogs son.

Cookie.jpg

nice picture?whats blaze and there lass doing in the background?i thought he was a digging man :yes:

i have worked both had whippets for over 18 years grate we dogs but if they hit a fence they open up like a can of beans and they dont like the rain now i have had a beddy whippet and 3 1/4 whippet 1/4 bull and they both just had that something extra i have worked lurchers for ovr 30 years but thats just my opinon

totally agree with what you say mate had same problems with whippets i used to work, great dogs for bit of ferreting, but wire was like a magnet to them, alright for half a dozen on the lamp, sprinters not stayers, wont go wrong with dogs your working now,all the best for the season.