ovarid tablets

does anyone know where i can get some ovarid tablets for next year.bobdog mentioned them a while back, but didn't say where too get them from thanks.

Vets i would think if there a veterinary prepereration

Aye why go to all the bother of giving your jill tablets there far easier ways

I dont get it, the jill jab Proligestone is licenced to use in ferrets but has side effects as well like most stuff does , so why use a drug thats not licened to use in ferrets as the target species for this megestrol acetate (ovaban) is cats & dogs

The jill jab is about the only drug that is licenced to use on ferrets thats the point i am trying to make

good point kay, think alot of people presumed the tablets were "ferret" friendly

To be honest i cant see any vet opting to use the ovaban if it does the same job as the Proligestone and thats the drug thats been approved to use in the species, i certainly cant see any vet just prescribing the ovaban unless they see the animal beforehand & i still think they would use the jill jab

Every time i read some thing like this i remember Phil Lloyd kept posting KISS ,Keep it simple stupid , and a snipped hobs they way to go not pissing about with tablets or jabs

Every time i read some thing like this i remember Phil Lloyd kept posting KISS ,Keep it simple stupid , and a snipped hobs they way to go not pissing about with tablets or jabs

I totally agree if you want to keep your options open to breed in future years then i do think a vasectomise hob is by far the best way to go

its called ovarid from the vets only.

i use 2 vas hobs with my girls but as i take in rescues i will not put my hobs to any rescue jill,as you all know ferrets can carry std and i wont risk my vas hobs.

so get the hobs to buy some protection :laugh: