a letter in my local paper saying ban airguns

I think we have enough laws about our hobbie in the country to sink a battle ship! I think these kind of pricks shooting cats (usually of the hoodie wearing variety ,EMINEM listening skunk smoking little F**KTARDS) should be put on cerfews and the adults should be allowed to give them a thick ear, with out fear of them calling child line on the parents. Even give the local copper the powers to give them a thick ear too.

But not ban our way of life to suit the tree huggers and the likes of them!

just too say i wear hooded jumpers and listen to eminem but dont smoke skunk and still have the sensibility of any hunter on here. we aint all bad but your [bANNED TEXT] on what you said them kind of peope should get.

regards liam

Well Liam keep up the clean living and advise your piers of responsible air gun use mate ;)

i do mate. i only go out with my sensibe mates and advise them what you can and carnt shoot. il keep you posted timelord

I only wish that all youngsters had your common sense in this matter then there would be no need for newspaper articles as displayed above. Keep up the good work mate ;)

post-15155-1219572321_thumb.jpgfound this letter in my local paper . im going on the site to put my veiw across . think every one should help put our point across

Cant beleive i missed that in the journal, thanks for pointing it out, ill try my best at a response to that arsehole of a letter!

Well had a bash and sent it, adrenaline pumping and hand shaking throughout, lol. Good job these people arnt spouting this shit infront of me becuase i really dont think i would be able to just sit there and listen to it, makes my fukin blood boil!

Anyway heres what i sent,

"Letters like that of Joan McDaniel make my blood boil! Complete and utter ignorance written with no logical thought just an emotional response from hearing of a pet cat being shot. One of my strongest passions in life is shooting, particularly air rifle shooting although I also use shotguns I prefer the skill of using an air rifle. An air rifle is a innocent tool for numerous purposes, competitive target type shooting like Field Target and Hunter Field Target, pest control and hunting for the pot or just simply safe fun for a Sunday afternoon shooting at tins etc. Its irresponsible scum that use them for illegal and unforgivable sins like taking pot shots at other people and domestic pets sometimes resulting in fatal injuries. Don't blame Air rifles! Blame the half wits that choose to use them to carry out their acts of stupidity! I wonder if Joan McDaniel would like to greet our Olympic shooters that use air rifles/pistols and tell them that 2012 is off because air rifles/pistols should be banned!"

I too wear Hooded Jumpers, I HATE Eminem with a passion though, and I have been known to smoke strong weed a few years ago when I didn't know any better.

I'm still only a young lad, and taking up shooting, or trying to should I say, is actually keeping me out of trouble, that's partly why I am doing it, so in my case allowing me to have an Airgun is making me use my time productively and stopping me wasting it on drugs and generally being anti-social.

One more arrest and I'm guaranteed 12 months in Wetherby, the local YOI, the courts have made that crystal clear, my probation worker is supporting me every step of the way with this as well and she thinks it is a good idea.

I don't know anybody that is in the same position as me, trying to change their life for the better through field sports, but certainly in my case, banning Airguns will be counter productive.

At the moment it is one of the only things I enjoy, maybe the one and only thing I enjoy, that isn't illegal if you go about it properly.