Longnet poles

Traditionaly hazel stakes were used, but many people now use the fibreglass poles, I agree the ones from Magnum are fantastic poles, but if your tight-fisted like me, you wont pay for them. An alternative is the poles from brinded at £1.75 each for a 2'6" or £2.25 for 1 meter.

I use a mixture of hazel and aluminium for my traditional nets, but fibreglass poles on my quickset nets.

Try a steel stockholders, you should get a 4 meter length of alumiunium 3/8" round for about £8, i got 5 poles out of a 4 meter length, they are 3 foot long. When you cut the length down, cut it in an angle to form a point, smooth it with a file so it doesnt slice your lines, and round the top so you dont cut your hands to ribbons.

Traditionaly hazel stakes were used, but many people now use the fibreglass poles, I agree the ones from Magnum are fantastic poles, but if your tight-fisted like me, you wont pay for them. An alternative is the poles from brinded at £1.75 each for a 2'6" or £2.25 for 1 meter.

I use a mixture of hazel and aluminium for my traditional nets, but fibreglass poles on my quickset nets.

Try a steel stockholders, you should get a 4 meter length of alumiunium 3/8" round for about £8, i got 5 poles out of a 4 meter length, they are 3 foot long. When you cut the length down, cut it in an angle to form a point, smooth it with a file so it doesnt slice your lines, and round the top so you dont cut your hands to ribbons.

I use hazel at the moment but still find them a bit bulky, been thinking of trying some alluminium but wasnt sure if it was any good. Ill give it a go then, I am definitely in the miserable b*stard bracket so ill make them myself :p:D

your local golf course all the flags are half inch fibre glass :good: im sure you may be able to borrow one or two lol :ph34r:

Theres an idea :ph34r: :whistle: