35lb rabbits!

Guest scutt

There's been recent publicity regarding Giant rabbits in the media,I believe these(35lb) monsters originate from Holland sold as pets costing a small fotune.

Mans feckless disregard for the balance of nature(grey squirrel,mink,etc)could in the future bring about the situation wereby, these creatures are released into the wild,for what ever reason,breeding with it's diminutive cousin resulting in such scenarios;

1, Ferrets getting thier heads kicked in,

2, Due to the size of warrens,Potholers seeking out some fun at thier local farm,

3,Fully grown buck squares up to a nuttall patterdale.

4,Bedspread pelts

5,Family fed on a roadkill,

6,Buzzards the size of tukeys,

ETC. ETC, yes it's only a light hearted look(got any ?) at what may never come about, no doubt there is a logical explanation why it won't . SCUTT

My dad used to breed rabbits for the frezzer [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid ' one of them came out HUGE and blue colour so i was aloud to keep the special one as a pet .. it was massive this rabbit and used to let it out on its own to go out in the back feild and would come back to the hutch on its self . till one day it didnt come home :( i was conforted in the fact that he was so big big nothin could ever harm blue ! WELL last year at the age of 32 my family finally confessed they killed blue and all sat round and watch me at the table as i ate my own pet :icon_eek: cant believe it man ! those b*****ds ! :cry:

My dad used to breed rabbits for the frezzer [bANNED TEXT] i was a kid ' one of them came out HUGE and blue colour so i was aloud to keep the special one as a pet .. it was massive this rabbit and used to let it out on its own to go out in the back feild and would come back to the hutch on its self . till one day it didnt come home :( i was conforted in the fact that he was so big big nothin could ever harm blue ! WELL last year at the age of 32 my family finally confessed they killed blue and all sat round and watch me at the table as i ate my own pet :icon_eek: cant believe it man ! those b*****ds ! :cry:

Sorry but....LMFAO laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

My Dad is 80yrs in March and i still have to lie to him when he has rabbit. He has never touched one since he became aware of mixy....dont think ill be confessing to him though :angel:

MOLL.

There called Vlaamse Reuse rabbits and they are from Belgium, i've got 6. They don't get as big as 35lb, I got mine from a breeder in Kent who had the Guiness record documentation for the biggest which was 25lbs. Guiness don't do the record now because of people overfeeding them. Mine range from 19-23lb. they were originally bred for meat but now only for shows.

Simoman :good:

There called Vlaamse Reuse rabbits and they are from Belgium, i've got 6. They don't get as big as 35lb, I got mine from a breeder in Kent who had the Guiness record documentation for the biggest which was 25lbs. Guiness don't do the record now because of people overfeeding them. Mine range from 19-23lb. they were originally bred for meat but now only for shows.

Simoman :good:

It's Vlaamse Reus something like this.

vlaamsereus3qx.jpg

They say that in the 19th centenary it was allready a pure breed in belgium but also in france.

Its original colour is the same as a hare but later also white.

There are other colours but thats because of the crosses with different breeds like Lotharingers en Van Beverens.

Its mostly used for shows and its a expensive pet because they need big cages and eat alot.

There know for there reliability and they are very calm.

The minimum weight is 6 kilo and the grow up to normally 7,5 kilo.

But i guess this one is heavier.

Got a nice link for ya simoman Link if your intrested.

Nice pics.

Patje