Scope size for Sako Quad?

Guest JohnGalway

I've an MTC Viper 4-16x50 on mine, have had a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX-III and also a Nightforce NXS (either) 3.5-15x50 or 5.5-22x56 (I think it was the 3.5, can't 100% remember).

Never had an issue taking out the barrel on mine. There are two options, get any scope you like and then get mounts to suit the scope OR get a scope with a much smaller objective (nothing wrong with that) and mount it as low as you can and still be able to remove the barrel. The smaller objective scope will give you a better cheek position on the stock, I just like scopes with at least 50mm objective lenses. Also it's possible to get or make a comb raiser for your stock if you choose a scope that needs to be mounted higher due to the objective lens size.

if you want to get a obective lens bigger than 50mm you will definately need high mounts , ive gone from a 32mm objective up to my new simmons whitetail and the bludy thing doesnt fit so i hhad to get bigger mounts , but i dont think even if you get high mounts with a 50mm objective , you will still need to remove the scope to remove the barrel also becuase these larger scope tend to be alot long in length well mine certainly is so that also plays a part in barrel removal.

liam

i aint gotten my mounts yet for it but i presumed that it would need to be removed considering the mounts i have on now are medium sized , so the high ones must be huge?? well we will see next week when they arrive what happens , sorry for the false info .

liam

Hi all what scopes do you have on your Sako Quads and still able to take the barrel out?

Thanks

arcpest

Hi there,i have an ags swat 4-16X56 look on rifle set ups to see it,i think it looks great and works very well.I have chose not to swap barrels on mine but get the scope as low as possible to the barrel!