If not a shock collar try tying a good length of rope to its collar and when it pulls yank it back like with recall training, but my friend had to retire his dog as it wouldn't leave the sheep alone

Yes the rope, say 15feet rope, then get close if it makes a move lift the fecker right of its feet,

with LEAVE. It does work, you have got to do it every day and night. From a 40lb to a 80lb dog

get your timing right, and you will lift it right of its feet :victory:

BIRD

If not a shock collar try tying a good length of rope to its collar and when it pulls yank it back like with recall training, but my friend had to retire his dog as it wouldn't leave the sheep alone

Yes the rope, say 15feet rope, then get close if it makes a move lift the fecker right of its feet,

with LEAVE. It does work, you have got to do it every day and night. From a 40lb to a 80lb dog

get your timing right, and you will lift it right of its feet :victory:

BIRD

seen dogs learn that way,and it certainly worked for me,you just have to put the time in and it should work :victory:

Got this problem myself at the minute.

Got nice well bred saluki/lurcher off a lad was ment to be stock broken, First time I had her out around sheep she ran straight up to them. Obviously they ran off she then chased but didnt try and grab them it was like she wanted to play with them more then anything.

She is just gone 12 months now a really nice dog well behaved this is the problem I got with her training now so going to have to come up with a solution myself.

If I couldnt break myself I would be looking at getting someone else in to do the job.

Anybody know of any trainer who do stock breaking

Regards Ben Wright :thumbs:

Got nice well bred saluki/lurcher off a lad was ment to be stock broken, First time I had her out around sheep she ran straight up to them. Obviously they ran off she then chased but didnt try and grab them it was like she wanted to play with them more then anything.

She is just gone 12 months now a really nice dog well behaved this is the problem I got with her training now so going to have to come up with a solution myself.

If I couldnt break myself I would be looking at getting someone else in to do the job.

Ive seen a few peoples dogs do this, it might not seem bad but the dog will eventually go for them. from the farmers point of view your worrying the sheep so he could still shoot your dog, Try the rope mate its worked on a few dogs now, i used to carry a length of hose pipe around with me and giv them a slap if it pulled on the lead but i found the dog would still kill them but on the sneek when your not around. different dogs different methods i think

Ive seen a few peoples dogs do this, it might not seem bad but the dog will eventually go for them. from the farmers point of view your worrying the sheep so he could still shoot your dog, Try the rope mate its worked on a few dogs now, i used to carry a length of hose pipe around with me and giv them a slap if it pulled on the lead but i found the dog would still kill them but on the sneek when your not around. different dogs different methods i think

Yeh I know mate its still classed worrying so would be shot.

Yeh I will give it a try mate.

Just going to get her in and around them and whenever she take any interest in them just give her a lil slap and a tellinf off.

hopefully that will work and wont have to take it any further.

How much would you have her in and around the stock and how often ?

Regards Ben.