• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frank

Their really is no point as far as i can see. :no:

Frank.

Hi Frank tell me why you think that.

Their just seems to be plenty of good working freindly ferrets out their, that are bred for the job over thousands of years.

Why bother, keeping a wild polecat that is as wild as the mink and very hard to tame.

I had a polecat cross years back, that i got off a wildlife park. Father was Albino, mother pure polecat, deadly ferreter, too deadly, killed most of the bunnys and when it came out, took an hour nearly to get it back and settle, bit like fcuk and screamed like a banchee.

Lost it back to the wild in the end, as it came out one day out of a rabbit hole, biting and ran off like a weasel. :(

Frank.

Guest GB HUNTER

Frank.

Their just seems to be plenty of good working freindly ferrets out their, that are bred for the job over thousands of years.

Why bother, keeping a wild polecat that is as wild as the mink and very hard to tame.

I had a polecat cross years back, that i got off a wildlife park. Father was Albino, mother pure polecat, deadly ferreter, too deadly, killed most of the bunnys and when it came out, took an hour nearly to get it back and settle, bit like fcuk and screamed like a banchee.

Lost it back to the wild in the end, as it came out one day out of a rabbit hole, biting and ran off like a weasel. :(

Frank.

This is from a lady from 2days trade it selling polecats saying both parents are workers i know what ya mean don't want a wild mad can't control polecat around . If it turns out to be tame anothe after looking at it a bit closer and decide to keep it . i don't just wanna take the breeders word for it that it would be ok to house the 2 of them i heard polecats need to live on there own whats your view on things.

Frank.

Frank.

This is from a lady from 2days trade it selling polecats saying both parents are workers i know what ya mean don't want a wild mad can't control polecat around . If it turns out to be tame anothe after looking at it a bit closer and decide to keep it . i don't just wanna take the breeders word for it that it would be ok to house the 2 of them i heard polecats need to live on there own whats your view on things.

it is a polycat ferret :clapper:

Guest GB HUNTER

Frank.

Frank.

it is a polycat ferret :clapper:

ok thanks

Guest Frank

Frank.

Frank.

Polecats in the wild live alone, coming together for breeding only and thats it.

Frank.

Guest GB HUNTER

Frank.

Frank.

Polecats in the wild live alone, coming together for breeding only and thats it.

Frank.

ok thanks frank i'll keep you posted

The only benifit i can see from Breeding a wild polecat with a ferret is the genepool. I know over here our ferret genepool is rather small and it is presumed many ferrets are relatives. But if there was no need for this than why bother with a wild animal. When hundreds of years of selective breeding have been into these animals to domesticate them,

I dont see the need if this was the case

:good:

Guest wickidweasel

Why anyone would want to cross to add fire to their stock is beyond me if the ferrets are no good get some that are

Ive seen True Polecats kept together before with no trouble. Does anyone report their sightings to the polecat survey?

Edited by wickidweasel
Guest eddie willo

most hybrids end up in rescues :angry: i cant see the point myself a life in a cage not trustworthy enough to pet or work

Hello i have pure european polecats, hob and jill had them from 6 weeks old wild as fxxk when i got them as tame as any other ferret now.I would recomend them. :yes:

maybe its just me, but i have never understood why anyone would want to effectivly imprint a wild animal, whats the point ?

You are forgetting there that all animals were wild at some point in time!!! :)

Guest bonedaddy659
polecats are very populer round here every one uses them for ferreting ive had loads and bred of them

:D

I was told to own a polecat in england was illegal, but besides that i was wondering about raising a polecat are they really unpredicatable their behavior. I've heard they have tempers.