what is this??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that must be telling you in the breeding there is black n tans in there some were,the pup looks well enuff up to you what you class him as ,either way if he makes a worker it dont really matter pall,i have seen it the other way blacks popin up when 2 lakey types been put together !!

nice lookin pup mate like tigerdog said above thats whats probably happened.

He's certainly thrown back to the Border in his ancestry. Looking proper. Cheers, D.

a was gonna say in my last post if someone sent me a picture of that pup and i had to guess what it is i would have said a border lakie obviously not if its came out of 2 patterdales but that would have been my guess.

Dev,

What you have there is a patterdale brother. It is just a throw back from two recessive genes. He's some pics of my two red patterdales bred together.

smitty.jpg

rock3.jpg

redpixyjack.jpg

pixyredsmittyjackspiderrock.jpg

jacksmittyred.jpg

jack6.jpg

All from the same litter, mostly reds, one black and tan.

Edited by rolly
that must be telling you in the breeding there is black n tans in there some were,the pup looks well enuff up to you what you class him as ,either way if he makes a worker it dont really matter pall,i have seen it the other way blacks popin up when 2 lakey types been put together !!
yes mate , i know there must be black n tans in the breeding, this isnt the first that has popped up.i was curious what peple would class him as? i was just looking at him today, thinking to myself that if i didnt know his breeding i would take him for a full lakeland, to me he he just a blank n tan pup, hopefully in 2 yrs time i will be able to class him as a worker! thats the class im aiming for! nice pup tho aint he?
yes mate , i know there must be black n tans in the breeding, this isnt the first that has popped up.i was curious what peple would class him as? i was just looking at him today, thinking to myself that if i didnt know his breeding i would take him for a full lakeland, to me he he just a blank n tan pup, hopefully in 2 yrs time i will be able to class him as a worker! thats the class im aiming for! nice pup tho aint he?

Nice looking pup - and you can see a border head on it... So, not sure where that takes you - patterdale/border/lakie... Has it a typical border bite - ie more square jaw?

Dev......of two patterdale workers, it's a patterdale. Don't matter what he looks like.

I had a lady ask me where I got such a huge beagle once (it was my female Treeing Walker hound) and another ask where I got such a small dalmatian (heavy black ticked Russell). Most people are stupid and I know you hunt hard, seen the pics, so to me....you got a working patterdale. If you want to sell him some day, sell him as a rough coated miniature Rottweiler. He'd be worth more to an idiot than a working person could afford for a good worker anyhow.

Very nice pup though. Great coat and nice build. Congrats brother.

Edited by rolly
Guest blackntan
Dev......of two patterdale workers, it's a patterdale. Don't matter what he looks like.

I had a lady ask me where I got such a huge beagle once (it was my female Treeing Walker hound) and another ask where I got such a small dalmatian (heavy black ticked Russell). Most people are stupid and I know you hunt hard, seen the pics, so to me....you got a working patterdale. If you want to sell him some day, sell him as a rough coated miniature Rottweiler. He'd be worth more to an idiot than a working person could afford for a good worker anyhow.

Very nice pup though. Great coat and nice build. Congrats brother.

BLACK FELL / PATTERDALE, not black and tan = lakeland type BROTHER EASY TO REMEMBER ALL THE BLACKS ARE BLACKFELL/PATTERDALES, BLACK AND TANS ARE LAKEY TYPE AND REDS , DONT TRY AND CHANGE ARE TERRIER TYPES , AND I WONT CALL A PLOTT A BLOOD HOUND OR COONHOUND A CUR :whistling::whistling: Edited by blackntan
Guest fell terrier

my blacks have thrown the odd one with a red/tan cast around there ears plus my last litter threw a choclate one like is said thrown back to ancestry sure is a nice strong pup though dev nice one

DONT TRY AND CHANGE ARE TERRIER TYPES , AND I WONT CALL A PLOTT A BLOOD HOUND OR COONHOUND A CUR :whistling::whistling:

Dev, in two years, I'll just call him a worker for ya....

Blackandtan, you can call a plott whatever you like and a hound whatever you like also. I hate all of them. Had'em all and I think they are all curs, and I don't mean the good type....

I DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND ANYBODY, but it seems the only people caught up in what they call their dogs are wondering how to market them. Dev I know that's not your case and blackandtan, I believe you are just a purist, wanting the correct type designation here, but the other people in the world who care about what they call "their" terriers, are puppy peddling money machines. If he turns out, I don't think anybody will want to ground and pound each other over the term "WORKER"..