it's arrived

well after a few complications due to my sister having a caution for assault my coterminous arrived on my door step this morning!

unfortunatly my local gun shop is closed on wednesdays so i'll be up bright and early tomorrow to go and buy me my long awaited guns.

will be buying a .22lr CZ silhouette and a 12g lincon premire. i cant wait! i will be like a kid in a candy shop.

cheers lads

yeah i am relieved now. it didn't look like it was going to happen when the brought up my sisters little incident but my feo was such a help and thanks to him i now have the paper work.

just wish the weather was a bit better so when i get my rifle i could actually get out there and use it.

yeah i now it's quite strange but essex police have a general policy that if someone living in the house hold has an omission of guilt for a violent crime then they are unwilling to grant the licence.

it is unfair really but there we go i got mine granted so i cant complain.

I'd be hopping mad about that one, and I suspect that legally they'd be on thin ice because the whole household is not applying for firearms AND you have to do your utmost to ensure that nobody besides the license holder has access to the cabinet ANYWAY. So methinks they might lose a legal challenge there.

Glad you got it sorted anyway though.

I'd be hopping mad about that one, and I suspect that legally they'd be on thin ice because the whole household is not applying for firearms AND you have to do your utmost to ensure that nobody besides the license holder has access to the cabinet ANYWAY. So methinks they might lose a legal challenge there.

When one applies for a fac everyone associated with the applicant may be subject to a check.

I quote below the relevant passage from the ACPO "Procedural Good Practice Guide" ...........food for thought !!!

• Consider character of applicant and third parties (family, friends, associates, other residents) and where appropriate conduct PNC/CRO and criminal intelligence checks. Considerable care must be taken when conducting these checks as there is likely to be an infringement of Article 8 European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The Family, Friends and Associates of the individual applying have a right to respect for their privacy and family life and Firearms Control legislation makes no provision for this right in respect of these persons to be interfered with. Any such interference must be shown to be necessary in the interests of public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, or the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

When one applies for a fac everyone associated with the applicant may be subject to a check.

I quote below the relevant passage from the ACPO "Procedural Good Practice Guide" ...........food for thought !!!

• Consider character of applicant and third parties (family, friends, associates, other residents) and where appropriate conduct PNC/CRO and criminal intelligence checks. Considerable care must be taken when conducting these checks as there is likely to be an infringement of Article 8 European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The Family, Friends and Associates of the individual applying have a right to respect for their privacy and family life and Firearms Control legislation makes no provision for this right in respect of these persons to be interfered with. Any such interference must be shown to be necessary in the interests of public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, or the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

If that is true I may as well forget applying for a SGC / FAC!!! How can it be my fault that I may be related to some less than desirable members of society :wallbash: :wallbash: :censored: :censored: Better stick to the airguns!!