A local look out

Guest Keeps

Had another look out this morning, just for a few hours, trying to make the most of the last few weeks we have left. Indie was on his own today and did very well. He marked 100% and was steady; sometimes the terrier we take is a bit distracting to him as she prefers to hunt up and would rather chase a bunny than stop a netted one.

The land we were on we have lamped on and off over the last few months but the last time we tried to ferret there the overgrowth was just too dense to get to. There were plenty of sets and plenty of bunnies to be had, but we got to just over double figures and decided to leave the rest alone……..dont want to spoil our night time sport completely just yet :rolleyes::D

Not many pics today, the light in the woods wasn’t great, but we came home with a few bunnies considering the short time we were out :)

We got a few in each set we tried, thought the majority of them didn’t bolt today..

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

picking up on the way back, some we’d caught earlier..

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

Nice one Keeps. :good:

I went out with reload today, gave my new Hob a try, nothing much wanted to bolt but he killed underground a few times, there was a few young'uns about, no prob's he soon moved on and never had to be dug to.

Regards Rob

Nice one Keeps. :good:

I went out with reload today, gave my new Hob a try, nothing much wanted to bolt but he killed underground a few times, there was a few young'uns about, no prob's he soon moved on and never had to be dug to.

Regards Rob

Sounds like you had a great day too Rob :good: Hope you took some pics? :)

Ermmm no, The object of todays hook up was to sort my longnet out, which, with too thick brading, too small gromets and my gammy hands, could easily see why I needed reloads help :good: , After a freezing cold afternoon and nearly Dusk, the great 100yarder was ready to go. So with a Quick trial run in 'loads basket (which is my next, must have) it was back to the truck and home for a hot cuppa tea(which reload had been hinting about all afternoon).

It was great to meet up, reload, skip and fezzers.

Regards Rob

Do you prefer the hunting or the photography keep them comming Keeps . What camera you using?

Rogue I love hunting and I love photography, so its only natural that I take pics of my hunting trips. I take plenty of other things too, but there isnt anything better to photograph than working your dogs :)

Its a Nikon D50.