• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell the forecast is good and there's lurchers.....I will be there tomorrow with the two saluki pups!

Does anyone know the venue for a local sight hound / terrier show in Nantwich Sunday afternoon?

Hounds this week....

2008_0106AugustNewMills0063.jpg

purely gratuitous

2008_0106AugustNewMills0057.jpg

2008_0106AugustNewMills0058-1.jpg

went last year what a load of crap

Well dessy i surgest you get your sorry ass down there this year, as yesterday was a great day, and much going on, with plenty of good dogs about.

hmmm.... alot of small dogs. Its obviously the ten yard rabbit country. May be different today - dunno how they arranged the classes....

Off to Tilston this afternoon. Want to see some bigger hounds.

went last year what a load of crap

Well dessy i surgest you get your sorry ass down there this year, as yesterday was a great day, and much going on, with plenty of good dogs about.

hmmm.... alot of small dogs. Its obviously the ten yard rabbit country. May be different today - dunno how they arranged the classes....

Off to Tilston this afternoon. Want to see some bigger hounds.

mmmmmmmmmmm, lots of small dogs! may be you went to the toy class!!

post-17284-1219563364_thumb.jpg

Dont know about small lurcher day but my boys were there showing and racing and they are WELL OVER 26"!!!!

Pleased to say that my rough coat MERLIN won the EDRD qualifying class and their championship prize..many thanks to the judge for the award and lurcherworld for their hospitality.

Only disappointment was that both the sim coursing and racing was not really spacious enough for the larger dogs BUT thats not the fault of Lurcherworld..they only have a certain amount of space they are given and they do make the best of it.

Overall the family had a good day out going around the fair while I enjoyed my day with the dogs.

merlin.jpg MERLIN in the coursing field taking a breather

Edited by morganna
Dont know about small lurcher day but my boys were there showing and racing and they are WELL OVER 26"!!!!

Pleased to say that my rough coat MERLIN won the EDRD qualifying class and their championship prize..many thanks to the judge for the award and lurcherworld for their hospitality.

Only disappointment was that both the sim coursing and racing was not really spacious enough for the larger dogs BUT thats not the fault of Lurcherworld..they only have a certain amount of space they are given and they do make the best of it.

Overall the family had a good day out going around the fair while I enjoyed my day with the dogs.

Hi, i am sorry to say, i didnt see your dog race in one of the races?? I watched it through out the show, and you. A lovely dog as well, did very well, but i never saw it race. And to be honest when you were showing him, a few of us commented what a great sized dog, but thought it wasnt a working dog, but a show dog..

Hi, i am sorry to say, i didnt see your dog race in one of the races?? I watched it through out the show, and you. A lovely dog as well, did very well, but i never saw it race. And to be honest when you were showing him, a few of us commented what a great sized dog, but thought it wasnt a working dog, but a show dog..

Unfortunately Merlin is a class one barger when racing,his only aim in life is to bring down what he is sent after and in the excitement of racing he can be unpredictable.Not wishing to be sued by any one after he demolishes their dog I therefore refrain from racing,after all I would not appreciate a dog bringing mine down on what is supposed to be a fun day out.

Perhaps you saw Blaze my other dog racing ..he is more predictable at such events although I have to say that Tatton course was far too short for such a large dog as Blaze too is quite substantial.Thanks for the comments though.

stap11.jpgBlaze taking a breather