fettle what dog should line her

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smashygadge
ok i suppose ill fill in the blanks for those who dont know feck all about coursing

FETTLE is a white rough/wooly coated bitch that won the FORLEY CUP a few years ago ,

these lads have bought her to breed pups for themselves , as she was once a very good bitch

she has recently had a litter of pups to my mates dog BILL , litter bro to TAZ very nice pups aswell they are

as they first said any suggestions on a stud , they have there own opinions and was just fishing for a possibly better suggestion , so instead of causing arguments , the ferret lads stick to theres ferrets if they dont know anything about coursing dogs/bitches bloodlines for a decent suggestion

good luck with the future breeding lads

thanks for awnswering a very simple question much apprieciated pity they couldnt in the first question .and ferreting is not my game. thanks sorry for not being quite in the no as to the top coursing dogs as yourself.but no than the fair share of people that do.and if you dont no as i said dosnt hurt to ask.as they are obviously doing with the bitch. :thumbs:

Benji is a good line if you want to keep it tight :)

But i would go for buddy..........charlie x foxy..............your still keeping it fairly tight as fettles dam was off Nipper(as is benji) but this line seems to "click" with the charlie stuff..............possibly because they both go back to eve? ;)

what ever you breed her to, look at the temprament, as fettle is a b*****d :yes: , i have to feel a little sorry for this bitch, if you line her it will be her 6th litter.

but theres some good advise there from max and miles, best of luck , TOMO :thumbs:

Possibly a combination of the saluki and bedlington genes? The silky feathered coat from the saluki mixed with the bedlington jacket, if this is present on both sides of the parentage, some of the pups will have long/wooly coats as well as short/smooth ones in the litter. You see it in collie crosses as well, first crosses and 3/4s nearly always have smooth/medium coats but breed 2 collie crosses together and you can end up with fluffy things with feathered ears/tail/legs - just my theory anyway :victory: