lining a greyhound

Guest smashygadge

Guest smashygadge

hi is their anyone in the no as breeding greyhounds

this is the second one i have tryed to line with my dog and find the sire has problems with entry is this widley known in greyhound breeding and anyone else had the problem.

the bitch has been standing 2 days yet my stud just cannot enter her? :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
MUZZEL THE BITCH GET SOMEONE TO HOLD HER BY THE COLLOR GENTLY BUT FIRMLY, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STUD IS GREEN SO GIVE HIM A HAND SO TO SPEAK AND PUT HIM IN THEN HOLD HIM THERE TILL THEY TIE,

yes your right their max he is green and thanks :thumbs:

agree with above have had dogs that tryd like god knows what but couldnt enter the bitch and other dogs just jump on and away first time its like us some are like rabbits and others take a bit help lol.

good luck with your lining mate.

Guest smashygadge

i will admit the dogs not too experienced this is the second greyhound of trying and iam hands on lol and stressed.

as the other grey is a tight little bitch

the one i have now she is a big dog an inch smaller than him .

i have bread some dogs in my time and never have i come across this .now this guy supposedly reckons he has some sort of tool not heard what it is but he breeds dogs as a buisness.and he said he would have them sorted in a matter of minutes and pretty much garaunteed success .have you ever heard of such a devise ,other than artificail insemination im stumped i think :hmm: and cheers guys

• 4 months later...

mate if i were you i would get a mate round to hold the bitch. as greyhounds can be a bit naughty when your dog finally enters the bitch and might take his face off.make sure you have the dates right. make sure the height is right. if one is bigger than the other put some thing under the smaller one to bring them level. get a tube of KY jelly and put plenty jelly round the vulva as this will help enter the bitch . Hope this information helps good luck.