Does anyone own a 3/4 Border Collie x 1/4 whippet or greyhound

dont take this the wrong way lads but why would you want a dog with that much collie in it too much brains JMO

atb paul

not been funny but why would you have a mastiff x greyhound? not having a pop , just i dont see how you can post a comment like that.

:clapper:

dont take this the wrong way lads but why would you want a dog with that much collie in it too much brains JMO

atb paul

even a pure collie will catch rabbits, the half grown ones that are easier to catch you get enough you make a pie.some people go out an they dont like attracting attention to what their dog can do or what their doing so the 3/4 collie looks like a cur as said above and not a running dog.it will still stalk rabbits and lamp them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average farm/sheep/cattle dog catches more game than the average lurcher. :whistling: My kelpies catch just as much as my previous lurchers it's just that they catch in different ways and in different situations ie my kelpies catch more in cover whereas the lurchers caught more in the open.

Many years ago I had a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound from Hancock's third litter of Richard x Linnet and he was a great dog with a wonderful, laid back disposition. Some people like collies and collie crosses and some people don't. Personally I do but I can fully understand and sympathise with those who don't. I sometimes wonder if it's because I'm a primary school teacher as you need a lot of patience for both kids and collies. :D