1st cross ridgeback greyhound

The Ridgeback originally was bred for hunting down lions as a hound would in Africa so yes of course it would make an ideal sperm donor for a lurcher !

What exactly do people in the UK hunt with their Ridgebacks before deciding they're so useful they'll stick them over a greyhound ?

Exotic for the sake of exotic ?

has the ridgeback been used fir hunting in the british isles. the rhodesian ridgeback has not being used a huting dog for some time i have always thought this would be an interesting cross a possible alternative to the bull cross.

It sounds like a good x, a ridgeback is a very powerful dog :victory: if you can use the right one,

you should have a good nose+ strong jaw, good stamina , a good hunting dog. I wonder why you

dont see more about.???????????

BIRD

The Ridgeback originally was bred for hunting down lions as a hound would in Africa so yes of course it would make an ideal sperm donor for a lurcher !

What exactly do people in the UK hunt with their Ridgebacks before deciding they're so useful they'll stick them over a greyhound ?

i think you could be right on this one brummy,ive seen one run though acoss in wales and although heavey was usefull for the quary it was worked to.

No mate, the same as you would use a bullx for, :whistling:

BIRD

i dont think it would be fast enough for most british quarry,think a deerhound greyhound or 3/4 wheaton grey would be better theyre already proven crosses

not fast :clapper: this boy will catch owt lol

sire to this dog was a working ridgeback not some fat feckin show dog put to a coursing greyhound

i dont think it would be fast enough for most british quarry,think a deerhound greyhound or 3/4 wheaton grey would be better theyre already proven crosses

sire to this dog was a working ridgeback not some fat feckin show dog put to a coursing greyhound

I'd have another in a heartbeat mate

Aye but could it catch hares within a hundred yards of cover !!! :clapper:

I'd have another in a heartbeat mate

dont really wont to get rid of him but im moving to Ni soon living with my lasses parents so i got to let a couple go.

i have got a friend willing to keep him over here for me but i dont really want to impose on him if i can help it .