looking for a new spring rifle (lightning) any advice ?

both the lightening xl and the xl tactical (nice synthetic stock) are both around £250-£259. This price is gun only but you can pick up some good second hand deals on here or BBS. Im lookign for similar for myself.

Let us know how you get on.

ATB Ryan

yeah but then youve got the extra costs of charging equipment to add on.

you can pick up a used pump forr £50-60.

seen bsa ultras go for £200 i even sold one for £180 with scope not so long ago so a bit of change for a pump at £50-60.

iwould recommend a pcp over a springer but that is your choice and i would say if you get a lightning get the tactical and gas ram it for more reliability and lss recoil and more consistency.

look around your local shops as i am [bANNED TEXT] my local sells tacticals for £210 so be aware.that may be because its a birmingham gun shop and thats where bsa is based.

have a look about, my shop use to sell ultras new for £220 thats where i got mine and why i sold it for £180.

the prices are going up but i would agree with oe comment "why buy springer when you can buy a pcp"?

My opinion is that you should save a little longer and get a weihrauch HW97k or an AA TX200....better built, more accurate and more powerful, although I have shot a couple of cheaper BSA springers and there isnt much to grumble about....you get what you pay for though without a doubt.

If I was pushed to choose....and couldnt afford an AA proSport................................................I'd pick the weihrauch HW97k.

Shenners