I fecking told you Lucky!...told you i would get one in the end!..lol.

Last season i crashed my old faithful Izuzu Rodeo (great truck)...we used that for a dog/lamping truck and it was great.

We picked up a Subaru Forrester just last week, and i LOVE it!...i would honestly say i would always own a Scooby from now on!...got it for going into town, and as a lamping/dog vehical.

Its a 2005 Subaru Forrester X, its an automatic, and permanent 4WD.

A few questions for guys who know about Scooby, especially you Lucky!

The windows in the back doors, only go down about 8", and for various reasons :whistling::tongue2: that just isnt enough!...is there ANYTHING we can do (no, im not gonna smash 'em with a hammer!) to get them to drop FULLY down!?...also, any genral hints, tips to keeping it going strong and RELIABLE would be great..lol.

Its also red in colour, so the blood wont show on it!..lol.

Kye..

i dont think theres anything that can be done about the windows kye, this as been a problem on all subaru's for some, but i just let the dog out of the door which is always best as they have'nt as far to drop til they find there feet....lol

the only problem subaru's suffer really is the exhaust getting knocked which makes them sound like tanks (not good pulling into the drive at 4 in the morning)....lol

this problem is easily solved though by removing the standard (not much use to anyone) sump guard and replacing it with a lot larger one that covers the the 2 down pipes and the cats....i always have these fitted as it saves getting the exhaust sorted everytime you go out....

just keep it serviced regular and it will run for ever....have fun ;)

this is a pic of the sump guard i have fitted to my legacy....

subaru20003.jpg

Feck it!...thats a shitter mate...

I only have two people to go out with at night, one of them being ME!..LOL.

We usulay drive, me mate doing the driving, and me in the front passenger seat with the light and the dogs in the back, then the driver just drops a window, depending on what side the game is on!...i dont have another guy to be in the back!...i will have to see if i cant get summat done with them...i know a few mechanics, MAYBE they can do summat?...

Thanks for the info Lucky, and i will look into the sump guard...they are a great motor, thats for sure!..

Kye..

well i usually lamp and drive, so the passenger could let the dog out if i was short on staff...lol

wire 2 lamps in the motor, one at each side then the driver can take over lamping just while you let the dog out if needed.....

I don't mean to be a smart arse here ........... but .............

With the rear windows, if you look at the shape of the doors, it forms the curve for the rear arch, there isn't room for the glass to go down any further.

I only know this because I asked the same Q about my Discovery! (No I wasn't going to lash dogs out the window at 40mph in the dark!!!, was thinking more of getting rid of the bits of my birds body)

Hi guys,..

Good point Lucky, we could wire two lamps, that wouldnt be a problem i dont think?....my dogs where great at jumping outta the windows of our old Rodeo (only let them out when fully stopped of course)

We dont do it in Litres over here guys!..lol...we dont have the gay french system!..lol.

It get about 34mpg on the motorway, and takes about 15 Gallons to fill her up...

I will get some pics up as soon as i can guys...dont have internet at home though,..maybe get my mate to put some up?!

Thanks for the help guys...there is a good scooby guy local to us, will see what he says...maybe just buy two SCRAP doors, smash the windows, and put them on for lamping!..lol.

Jay..