Clarissa & Countryman

Finshed reading her book yesterday, "Spilling the beans" it has a chapter about the Countryman series.She said the BBc would not be prepared to put it out on Video (her words) sadly, i only saw the rat hunting one.

Tight Lines

Aled

• 2 weeks later...

I have both books which accompaneid the two relevant TV serie's Eg;

"CLARISSA and THE COUNTRYMAN"

"CLARISSA and THE COUNTRYMAN sally forth"

Both series were commisioned and aired by BBC2! Having been in Clarrie's company a number of times, I can confirm that what you see! is what you get! she's a wonderful character and a brilliant raconteur, Both copies of my books have signed with great personal messages to me from the lady herself, In Clarrisa and the Countryman she wrote "To Tom, keep hunting and Bollocks to Blair, see you on the ramparts" and in the second volume "To Tom, Keep faith and see you on the barricades" For many years she was a regular vistor to The Waterloo Cup and a Coursing dog owner, she did face a charge of illegel coursing and I think the case continues???

The picture in my signature was taken at the Liberty and Liveliehood March at Hyde Park, London, She's a great lady and very much a supporter of country pursuits, working dogs and their owners

Tom

Edited by Foxgun Tom

well this is the reply i got back from the BBC.....

Dear Steve

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately Clarissa and the countrymen is not currently available on DVD through BBC Shop and we are unaware of any plans to release this title in the near future.

BBC Shop is not responsible for any decisions regarding commissioning of new formats. Any queries relating to the above should be directed to:

BBC Commissioning Editor

3rd Floor

2 Entertain Ltd

33 Foley Street

London

W1W 7TL

We recently had a British programme here on our lifestyle channel called 'The Wild Gourmets', I guess most of you are probably aware of it, I found it brilliant, plenty of sport showed on the television.