Greyhounds/lurchers

cHALKWARREN KNOWS DOGS, WELL SAID! So it is admitted that compared to many other breeds I was right what I said about pure bred greyhounds? Well blow me down with a feather!

thing is socks I may not know as much as you about greyhounds, (I know enough) but I have a damn sight more experience than you with many other breeds. That Is where I was making the comparison "Jucks" to pos!! hee hee.

Well bred lurchers are awsome! keep on hunting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou sandymere and chalkwarren you are the only two who have actually understood my question and given intelligent answers. As for everybody else i never asked which is best greyhound or lurcher just enquired about there breeding record.

cHALKWARREN KNOWS DOGS, WELL SAID! So it is admitted that compared to many other breeds I was right what I said about pure bred greyhounds? Well blow me down with a feather!

thing is socks I may not know as much as you about greyhounds, (I know enough) but I have a damn sight more experience than you with many other breeds. That Is where I was making the comparison "Jucks" to pos!! hee hee.

Well bred lurchers are awsome! keep on hunting.

you really must be a fecking retarded mongo .... I NEVER ONCE SAID A LURCHER WAS BETTER THAN A GREYHOUND AT HUNTING ...what i was saying was that THEY WERE NOT GOING TO FALL APART AT A BIT OF WORK LIKE YOU WERE SUGESTING .... if i thought that the greyhound was a better dog in the field i would be running this track record holding open class racer on rabbits ......

CNV00001.jpg

instead i run this purpouse bred bunny catching machine LURCHER ...........

_MG_1262-1.jpg

_MG_1284-1.jpg

NOW IS THAT SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND .........

I have had track greyhounds for a number of years and still keep a couple but only ever personally kennelled the one lurcher. Greyhounds and lurchers are both obviously bred with performance in mind 1st and looks 2nd, but why is it some greyhounds never make the track but are bred from purely on quality of bloodlines (and produce top offspring) but it is frowned upon in the lurcher world if you dont breed top worker to worker?

Surely the old established bloodlines would produce no matter what? Ive heard some greyhound breeders say certain bitches would produce winners if crossed with a labrador.

Your thoughts please?

if you keep breeding top worker to top worker then eventualy you will end up with worthlless mongrols,every now and then you have to strighten your blood back to pure hound agian,imagine;collie whippet greyhound bedlington x suluki deerhound bullgreyhound,what are you to expecting to hit the floor after 9 weeks with a cross like that? the sire and dam may well take all quarry but you wont find much in the litter worth keeping and be lucky if any of the pups resemble either parants.put either dam or sire across a stright hound and your chances of breeding a half desent dog and an even litter will be much improved. :thumbs: