whippets?

Photo Finish did well against the non peds at club level were they were hcpped on time, he wouldnt of got near them in a non ped open/championship meeting, the same as Rolling Thunder (Parkstone Street Wise) he also ran against the non peds and beat many of them at club level but again he wouldnt of got near the top class non peds at an open or champs..

in a straight race off weights it will take a very good pedigree to beat an average non ped and against a good non ped off level weights the pedigree would have no chance at all.

in the field I dont think you could make the same comparison as speed isnt the be all and end all of a working dog IMO it's more down to natural brains/ability and the way the dog has been trained.

have various saluki cross dogs and at the moment want to inject more speed into the breeding, own couple of track greyhounds but reluctant to but them across a bitch. Thinking of using a working whippet, but never had anything to do with them. What are your thoughts on the little dogs? toughness? speed? etc and what r the best bloodlines all adverts include sooty sam (r his lines the best or just a selling point?

The whippet x beddie pictured in the thread ,what age catching? is a Sooty Sam x ,and is a great little worker allready ,despite his young age.

Photo Finish did well against the non peds at club level were they were hcpped on time, he wouldnt of got near them in a non ped open/championship meeting, the same as Rolling Thunder (Parkstone Street Wise) he also ran against the non peds and beat many of them at club level but again he wouldnt of got near the top class non peds at an open or champs..

in a straight race off weights it will take a very good pedigree to beat an average non ped and against a good non ped off level weights the pedigree would have no chance at all.

in the field I dont think you could make the same comparison as speed isnt the be all and end all of a working dog IMO it's more down to natural brains/ability and the way the dog has been trained.

cheers for that ,is there ,was there a ped racer that stood out above the rest ?who has, had the best racer in your opinion something special.cheers BB :toast:

Pedigree racings run in weight groups ie: 14/19lb, 20/22lb ect so there are very good dogs in each group.

we used 1 twice call Fine & Dandy he weighed in at 28/29lb was 20 1/2" at the shoulder, he won 6 WCRA championships 3 sporting championships and was the top dog in the country for 3 racing seasons, the pups we got from him have proved themselves racing/working & lure coursing..

the dog of the moment is a 28lb dog called "Run At Mill" very fast always give 100% but his pups have only just started hitting the track so its not proven yet if he's breeding on into his pupos

have various saluki cross dogs and at the moment want to inject more speed into the breeding, own couple of track greyhounds but reluctant to but them across a bitch. Thinking of using a working whippet, but never had anything to do with them. What are your thoughts on the little dogs? toughness? speed? etc and what r the best bloodlines all adverts include sooty sam (r his lines the best or just a selling point?

hello mate i run 4 whippets at the moment all from the ss lines,i cant fault them for heart courage and stamina.speed is a bit of a issue,but i dont sell my pups as racing dogs they are working whippets and they are quick enough to catch rabbits and hares.what you loose in speed you make up in nose stamina and prey drive,there is lot of people selling ss lines out there but just be careful not many people line breed ss lines which gets the best results imo.supa blue is still alive but is to old,hows the ofspring of supa blue and peggy doing m/h