kits at 5weeks

• 2 weeks later...

They are great kits and a credit to you. I managed to spot the little chap I collected from you at Scone, he's the one with the "S" shaped white flash on his head and neck. He's now safely with his new keeper, she's over the moon with him and he's got an excellent home.

My lurchers were naffed off on the journey south of the border as "Wee Macc's" carrier was on the passenger seat as I wanted to keep an eye on him during the 260 mile journey, the dogs had to travel in the back of the van. He slept most of the way just waking up enough to eat some of the raw burger we scrounged off the Angus Steak Burger Van... little ferret kits can manage to get freebees! The burger was pure meat and not the rubbish you get from some places.

Scot, thanks for bringing him to Scone.

The jill will still drag them into the nest till you wean them the mothering instinct is really strong in a jill ferret

Our Jill was dragging the kts back to the nest still at 8 weeks.. had to seperate her even though she'd completely weaned them.. they weren't getting any exersize .. every time they stepped foot from the nest she dragged them back... within a day of seperating the Jill the whole litter picked up and are dashin around Mad now at 10 weeks...

They are great kits and a credit to you. I managed to spot the little chap I collected from you at Scone, he's the one with the "S" shaped white flash on his head and neck. He's now safely with his new keeper, she's over the moon with him and he's got an excellent home.

My lurchers were naffed off on the journey south of the border as "Wee Macc's" carrier was on the passenger seat as I wanted to keep an eye on him during the 260 mile journey, the dogs had to travel in the back of the van. He slept most of the way just waking up enough to eat some of the raw burger we scrounged off the Angus Steak Burger Van... little ferret kits can manage to get freebees! The burger was pure meat and not the rubbish you get from some places.

Scot, thanks for bringing him to Scone.

No problem :victory:

I got one of those burgers £4.50 lol like the name you gave him

Aye he does have an s shaped mark :clapper:

Edited by scothunter
is there still a danger of the jill eating the kits at 5 weeks?

My opinion no and if she did then there is something strange going on.I have never (to my knowledge) have a jill eat her kits.Im possibly just lucky there cz it does happen.

Guest jojoamojo

he is a bloody stunner, i have seen alot of kits and he is one to die for, 3 feet or 4 feet :D Plus he is so well handled and well fed, better, bigger and chunkier than some 8 week olds i have seen and such a lovely lad, there isnt a bite in him even when i was finger feeding him his raw meat :)

he is a bloody stunner, i have seen alot of kits and he is one to die for, 3 feet or 4 feet :D Plus he is so well handled and well fed, better, bigger and chunkier than some 8 week olds i have seen and such a lovely lad, there isnt a bite in him even when i was finger feeding him his raw meat :)

cheers :victory:

Im pretty pleased with this litter,biggest i ever had and all belters.

is there still a danger of the jill eating the kits at 5 weeks?

My opinion no and if she did then there is something strange going on.I have never (to my knowledge) have a jill eat her kits.Im possibly just lucky there cz it does happen.

As already said need to be something strange going on but something out with your control might freak out the jill and it could happen

But at that age they must be nearly ready to leave the jill ??