birds coming home today

Well its that time off year again, im sitting here waiting for my delivery of poults for this coming season... Is every one else ready for theres, when are yours coming??? as some one said yesterday " LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN" :cry::blink: roll on october the 2nd

Good luck with them mate, i'm having to sit watching the sheds over night at the mo coz some tw@ nicked about 6 shed fulls. Its not good working days and night at the same time especially when you aren't even the keeper, i'm knackered.

well thats them up to roost now , well half of them any way, the rest are sleeping on the floor :thumbdown: no doubt in the next couple of nights they will all be up to roost..... they seam very settled and in good nick, the weather held really well for the birds first day to wood, and looks like i might avoid the rain for a few more days , fingers crossed..... walking some back into the pen and found 5(in the pen) that had fallen to a predator, all un eaten, just killed and left... fingers crossed i dont find any more decapitated birds tommorrow... ( and no it was not a fox)...

Edited by alimac
Guest ragumup

This morning should be interesting for you, you may need a few empty bags with you :whistling: "LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN" iv only got another 6 weeks before mine arrive, so it gives me plenty of time to drink tea :tongue2:

Seriously thought gripper having to wait at the rearing field at night is no fun it bad enough in the shooting season never mine now, thieving scum

well got birds in and settled,so decided to have a look with the lamp shot a dog fox 400yards from the pen then had a look around the rest of the beat and shot 4 more on my travels. amazing how quick the drums start beating of a free meal.shame they didnt realize it was lead on the menu :victory::victory:

Edited by teckel