advice needed moving kits

hey guys lookin for some advice,

unexpectedly the jill i didnt realise was lined has dropped kits and 11 of them she was in a smallish plastis indoor

run which is far too small for all of them she showed no signs of being pregnant at all and was a massive shock when i heard them squeaking. she is fine no problems with handling and she also let me lift the box and look while i held her she not worried at all. this is her first litter and she lookin after them well. i really want to move them into a bigger hutch and wondered how long i should wait i been told not to touch them as my smell will make her eat them. she has been happy with me bein around them and no problems at all any advice greatly appreciated! also my first litter.

cheers guys

jonny

unexpectedly the jill i didnt realise was lined has dropped kits and 11 of them she was in a smallish plastis indoor

run which is far too small for all of them she showed no signs of being pregnant at all and was a massive shock when i heard them squeaking. she is fine no problems with handling and she also let me lift the box and look while i held her she not worried at all. this is her first litter and she lookin after them well. i really want to move them into a bigger hutch and wondered how long i should wait i been told not to touch them as my smell will make her eat them. she has been happy with me bein around them and no problems at all any advice greatly appreciated! also my first litter.

cheers guys

jonny

If the jill is as you say and letting you near her and kits without freaking out then she should be ok.Im not sure exactly what you mean.Are the kits inside or outside at the momment?They really dont need a lot of room just now the jill wont stray to far from her babies.I would suggest if the current housing is not a hassle and is nice and warm draught proof then i would leave them where they are for the time being.They will soon be crawling about looking for meat,then you could move them to a bigger abode mate.Hope this helps.

2 weeks if your not sure mate once they are that old the jills should be ok mine always allowed me in at there kit's but no 2 animals are the same you will know your self bye her behaviour .

regards kris.

cheers guys

jonny

If the jill is as you say and letting you near her and kits without freaking out then she should be ok.Im not sure exactly what you mean.Are the kits inside or outside at the momment?They really dont need a lot of room just now the jill wont stray to far from her babies.I would suggest if the current housing is not a hassle and is nice and warm draught proof then i would leave them where they are for the time being.They will soon be crawling about looking for meat,then you could move them to a bigger abode mate.Hope this helps.

cheers she is in the garage in a plastic rabbit cage is happy enough and was cool with me looking at the kits was just a bit worried she didnt have enough room for herself and the kits and didnt want her stressed buyt also dont want to move them and upset her. she is a great girl and well handled and tame as they get but as i said her first litter and mine and maybe just a little over worried about nothin because she also bein over clingy to me runs out to meet me when i walk in garage and loves bein out and handled, dont get me wrong she is bein fine with the young but also seems to be happy to be away from them.

jonny

cheers guys

jonny

cheers she is in the garage in a plastic rabbit cage is happy enough and was cool with me looking at the kits was just a bit worried she didnt have enough room for herself and the kits and didnt want her stressed buyt also dont want to move them and upset her. she is a great girl and well handled and tame as they get but as i said her first litter and mine and maybe just a little over worried about nothin because she also bein over clingy to me runs out to meet me when i walk in garage and loves bein out and handled, dont get me wrong she is bein fine with the young but also seems to be happy to be away from them.

jonny

Just leave her and continue what your doing she will be fine.Sounds like you have her trust mate.

I have a litter of 14 and mine likes to get a wee spell from her kits aswell.As long as she can see and hear them she comes to me for a spell out the cage.