As anyone got or used .17HMR they seem to be getting very popular now days.Since buying one just under 2 years ago my old trusty 22 rimfire has been made redundant never take it out then again no need to :no: The one i bought was the marlin varmit not to pounds and can take a knock or two sak sound mod 3x9x40 mounts supplied with rifle and ready to go jobs a good un.Anyone with any view on this calibre???????

Guest Combineman

Greetins from Idaho, USA. I've been playing with an NEF Single shot 17 HRM for several years. It is the perfect pest gun. With the 17gr load, richocettes or rare and small fury critters go splat even to 150-175 yards.

We have Rock chucks here (about 15" long and 5-8lbs) and you must head shoot them but with the accurate 17, it is easy. Feral cats are the same. We mostly shoot what we call ground squirrels which are about 8" tall at the most. They go splat pretty well with a good hit.

The 20gr load is slower and better for bunnies (cottontails) as they damage less meat. Thye are more prone to richocettes however and for ranch varmint shooting, aren't the best.

This winter with bunnies populations being low, we have been shooting lots of crows out on the rural farms. It is a good crow shooter. Again the 17gr Hprnady load works great.

CM

Never used 22 magnum [bANNED TEXT] but the .17 is very effective dont really shoot where its windy loads of woods rounds us the ammo was expensive but its come down to about £10 for 50 remingtons but the new cci is £14 for 50.I reckon i coud take TONY BLAIRS eye out at 150 yards the way i'm feeling at the moment :realmad: :realmad: but if i missed i would settle for a head shot :angry: and then if i missed i would slip the bull cross on him and his ugly skinny misses. Sorry about that just heard the hunting ban was not overturned :angry::angry: