Guest olofthegr8

Calibre is very heavily debated. The majority of THL members seem to use .22 for hunting, however .177 is just as capable. It depends mostly on your quarry, .22 will comfortably kill most small game; crows, pigeons, rabbits, rats and so forth.

.22 is a lot easier to get hold of than .25, at least by my experience, I'm not sure about price though. I also haven't seen too many .25 rifles, that might narrow your choice somewhat.

.25 has a lot more knok down power...............not as easy to find ammo and it tends to be more expensive.

as SF said...........hotly debated topic !!!!!!!

177 or 22............easier to get hold of and cheaper.

all the best

sean

everyone one i have spoken to that has used .25 says its not worth having it in anything less than an fac air rifle as if it is under 12ftlbs it doesnt have a very effective range.

at the minute i use .22 but im lookin at getting a .177 barrel for my hw 80 to compare the 2

cheers

dan

Never ever used one and don't know anyone who has had a .25 but that's not saying that they are'nt any good I'm simply saying that they are not that common and if you get one a gun dealer I know say's they are hard to re-sell, I look at it this way every shooter I know has either a .177 or a .22 but whatever you choose good luck and happy hunting.

Regards

Coney.

everyone one i have spoken to that has used .25 says its not worth having it in anything less than an fac air rifle as if it is under 12ftlbs it doesnt have a very effective range.

at the minute i use .22 but im lookin at getting a .177 barrel for my hw 80 to compare the 2

cheers

dan

I could be wrong, but if you put a .177 barrel on a gun with a spring that's meant for a .22, your gun will drop in power.