How to import Smoot haired Fox Terrier from UK ?

Me and a friend on mine would like to get in contact with breeders in UK who are interested in selling Smooth haired Fox Terriers.

Preferably a show champion with the correct size and look.

I've been in contact with The Fox Terrier Club but it seemed like they where all anti-hunting and not very interested to sell dogs.

In Norway u can split the Fox terriers race in two.

There is the big showdogs up to 13-14 kgs :icon_eek: not usuable for hunting at all and there is the hunting Fox terriers, small of size and very good earthdogs.

Dont ask me why the breeders make them so big or why the show judges like them so big, we are talking about dogs who are 50-70 % to big according to the written standard :icon_eek:

Well there are some hunters in Norway, Sweden and Finland who still use Smooth Haired Fox Terrier for hunting fox, badger, mink, pine marten and so on.

But what we need here in Norway is some new blood for breeding.

So if anyone know about breeders in UK who breed there fox terriers with correct size and standard, please let me know.

Its not that important if the dogs are of hunting blood lines or not, size and correct look is what we are looking for.

From what we have heard, the show fox terriers in UK is much smaller than in Norway.

There very hard to get right but when you do there nutters and dont stop ,Id say it would nearly be easyier to get one off the hunters in norway then to get one in the uk we can get them here in ireland but they have alot of show blood in them but some of the show dogs tend to even work...........

Goodluck anyway..

Terrier man

The export bit is the easy bit mate.

The hard part will be to find a working line over here.

Good luck though.

Yeah I know the export/import is the easy part.

It doesnt have to be a working line either, showdogs are ok just as long they are small i.e correct size according to written standard.

Male dogs should be between 7,3 – 8,2 kg and bitches between 6,8 – 7,7 kg.

As I mentioned in previous post, show dogs here in scandinavia are 12-14 kg (50/70%) oversize :icon_eek:

Our working dogs are good enough, but we want new blood for breeding to avoid inbreeding ;)

Edited by Foxterrier
There very hard to get right but when you do there nutters and dont stop ,Id say it would nearly be easyier to get one off the hunters in norway then to get one in the uk we can get them here in ireland but they have alot of show blood in them but some of the show dogs tend to even work...........

Goodluck anyway..

Terrier man

second that i had wire haried fox terrier from show line but was a dinger to work great prey drive anything he would stick to it very hard!!

post-10116-1213711289_thumb.jpg

Have you tried J.Doyle of Ireland?He has some very gritty workers

craig

How can I get in contact with him, does he have e-mail ?

If not, does anyone have pictures of his dogs ?

I'm only interested in pedigree dogs with papers, cause we register our litters, so the parents must be registered to.

Thx for replying

Thorleif

Edited by Foxterrier
Have you tried J.Doyle of Ireland?He has some very gritty workers

craig

How can I get in contact with him, does he have e-mail ?

If not, does anyone have pictures of his dogs ?

I'm only interested in pedigree dogs with papers, cause we register our litters, so the parents must be registered to.

Thx for replying

Thorleif

I did have an e-mail for him(thru his daugther),but that's been about 3 yrs ago.I'll see if it still works and send it to you if it does.

craig

Yes its no problem to register a imported dog as long as its registered in its country of origin and that all papers are ok.

There where imported 3 male dogs from Russia a couple of years ago, to be used for breeding and hunting offcourse, and they are all registered in Norway now.

The export bit is the easy bit mate.

The hard part will be to find a working line over here.

Good luck though.

Yeah I know the export/import is the easy part.

It doesnt have to be a working line either, showdogs are ok just as long they are small i.e correct size according to written standard.

Male dogs should be between 7,3 – 8,2 kg and bitches between 6,8 – 7,7 kg.

As I mentioned in previous post, show dogs here in scandinavia are 12-14 kg (50/70%) oversize :icon_eek:

Our working dogs are good enough, but we want new blood for breeding to avoid inbreeding ;)

If you have good lines you SHOULD inbreed to ensure you keep it.If you contaminate with show rubbish from the uk you could spoil what you have.