hi guys i bin shootin a hw100 in .22 now for nearly 12 months mainly rabbits and squirrels the usual. but ive been itching to get into the fox side of things as a few permissions i have are having a few problems with them. Obtaining a liscence should not be a problem BUT im a total newbie to rim/centrefire rifles and am unsure which root to go down eg calibre,rifle, [bANNED TEXT] ammunition, prices etc etc and was wondering if you guys could direct me down the correct path?? Any help much appriciated

As long as you have some land for your FAC you should be fine getting it granted.

If you are thinking of Vermin then I would get either a .22 LR or .17 HMR

And a .223/.22-250 for fox.

The Ammunition for the .223 is varied in price and choice. .22-250 is more expensive unless you reload.

You certainly shouldnt have mentoring on a rimfire but most forces will insist on mentoring for a centrefire for a few months. Its a pain but a fact unfortunately.

For Vermin and Fox you will need expanding ammunition, this is where the bullets will expand on impact giving a bigger wound and cleaner kill. A normal choice is either Hollow Point, Soft Point or Ballistic Tip.

Make sure to tell them of your air rifle experience with vermin.

You will need a cabinet for your guns too.

Have I missed anything?

Regards

SS :thumbs:

Surrey manor arcpest,you?

logic, they are! Know loads of .22rf users with fox on (old boys normally)

Hi im in surrey too

I have onmy licence: The .22RF Rifle & .22WMR Barrel and Ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and for zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

arcpest

Edited by arcpest