Hope you get the b*stard Tis.

And I hope you dont........any mother would do the same to feed her young.

It may help the kiddys if you explain why the fox did it :thumbs:

My wife doesn't go out and buy 20x what we need to eat every week, so not ANY mother does the same as a fox.

Sorry to hear about your loss, the kids must be gutted, I DO hope you get the culprit.

Best of luck with your new ones.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have explained, and they understand the foxes "thought" process.... but being so bloody determined to dig under my well fenced pen, and take my easy prey, rather than chasing one of the few dozen bunnies I've got running around here, takes the proverbial! :icon_eek:

If I'd been slack and not had my ducks and chucks well contained, then I would have no reason to be peed off with the raynard, but seeing as we spent a fortune creating a supposedly safe environment for them, then I mean business I'm fraid. I hope we do get it, ... my ducklings and other poultry deserve a life too. I dont raise my animals for fox food :no:

My wife doesn't go out and buy 20x what we need to eat every week, so not ANY mother does the same as a fox.

Sorry to hear about your loss, the kids must be gutted, I DO hope you get the culprit.

Best of luck with your new ones.

Cheers matey :thumbs:

Guest little_lloyd

So WILF,, If it was you in the position of a chook enthusiast with a fair few rare/prize breed or for the matter just a small hobby flock of chickens and the fox took most of your flock ,, Would you not proceed to take action to stop the fox,, I think you would.

Or say you where a keeper with a pen full of a thousand odd pheasant poults and Mr fox got it and took a fair number,, you would just decide the fox is trying to feed its family so youll leave it,,,.. :laugh: The local fox population would be very safe on your ground WILFY,, But the local gamebirds or fowl would not be very happy.

:hmm: Is wilfy-woo having a bit of a laugh or is he not plumb-up?

Guest WILF

Little Lloyd........how does 2000 pheasent and 14,000 partrige on my permission grab you :thumbs::thumbs: ........to be honest, I understand as well as anyone..........its just all this "kill the fecker" bravado that I think is crap.

Its doing what comes naturaly and there are a few hungry mouths to feed.

The horse has bolted now, why kill the vixen and let cubs starve?...........if there is any stock left, then of course take measures...........but it dont make it any less of a shame that the cubs will die a not very nice death. :thumbs:

And if this makes me seem suspicious or an anti then the awnser to that is..........yes, of course I am an anti :icon_eek:

Edited by WILF
Little Lloyd........how does 2000 pheasent and 14,000 partrige on my permission grab you :thumbs::thumbs: ........to be honest, I understand as well as anyone..........its just all this "kill the fecker" bravado that I think is crap.

The horse has bolted now, why kill the vixen and let cubs starve?...........if there is any stock left, then of course take measures...........but it dont make it any less of a shame that the cubs will die a not very nice death. :thumbs:

And if this makes me seem suspicious or an anti then the awnser to that is..........yes, of course I am an anti :icon_eek:

I have got stock left WILF yeah, and although they aren't show stock, or anything fancy, they are something that give me great joy going out and tending to a couple of times a day. The kids love learning about rearing stock for the table, and how to look after animals in general.

The fox has been back and tried to dig in on a different spot, and this morning I've been out and paced bricks and earth around the spot to try and build it back up again... looks like its not going to give up very easily. I have thought about putting a strand of electric fending round the bottom, but it wont be easy as the side in question is impenetrable in places with undergrowth.

Sorry to here the bad luck. I'm new to poultry with only a couple game hens, but a few others in the village keep em. I was standing at the front door last night and a fox went strolling up the road in front of me. Will be taking a stroll through woods in next few days to see if i spot the bugger, not taking any chances, wife to attached to hens to feed em to charlie.

Cant see where the suggestion of suspicious anti behaviuor came from so dont jump on that old band-waggon.

Is it deffinately feeding helpless young?? was it a vixen??

Considdering that "Tis TM" has young to feed, is she not reacting as a mother should and doing what comes naturally???

We are all animals are we not?? and its a dog eat dog world !!!

Guest little_lloyd

Cant see where the suggestion of suspicious anti behaviuor came from so dont jump on that old band-waggon.

Considdering that "Tis TM" has young to feed, is she not reacting as a mother should and doing what comes naturally???

I agree :yes:

Wilf,, you still did not answer the question :doh: . Yeh ok your permission has a lot of reared game birds :o ,,, AND,,, Its not you working your arse of to keep them is it? But i can garantee you if you had put the hard work many keepers and farmers put in to thier stock for some fox to comes along and take all,, you really would not be happy,, :( Infact i know you would shoot any fox on site,, cubs or no cubs,, We can not afford for anyfox to be on our patch. Cubs will be dealt with just like the dog and vixen. :D

A fox is a fox! When it comes to predator controll. Alough i can understand where you are comimg from., no one likes to cause unessicery suffering to our quarry,, and it is our duty to do things as humane as possible.

Good hunting LL :whistling:

quote]

I agree :yes:

Wilf,, you still did not answer the question :doh: . Yeh ok your permission has a lot of reared game birds :o ,,, AND,,, Its not you working your arse of to keep them is it? But i can garantee you if you had put the hard work many keepers and farmers put in to thier stock for some fox to comes along and take all,, you really would not be happy,, :( Infact i know you would shoot any fox on site,, cubs or no cubs,, We can not afford for anyfox to be on our patch. Cubs will be dealt with just like the dog and vixen. :D

A fox is a fox! When it comes to predator controll. Alough i can understand where you are comimg from., no one likes to cause unessicery suffering to our quarry,, and it is our duty to do things as humane as possible.

Good hunting LL :whistling:

:clapper: here here

Guest WILF

At no point did I say Tis should not take measures, I just offered a different opinion from the crowd..........if you have to deal with foxes then thats life, it dont make it fun...........even more gutting if they are in top class condition.

Note to most................being a hunter dont mean you have to take pleasure in killing every fecking thing in site :thumbs:

At no point did I say Tis should not take measures, I just offered a different opinion from the crowd..........if you have to deal with foxes then thats life, it dont make it fun...........even more gutting if they are in top class condition.

Note to most................being a hunter dont mean you have to take pleasure in killing every fecking thing in site :thumbs:

I could not agree with you more Wilf, often what I've thought and felt myself, good on you for saying it.

And before everyone comes piling in, I have been responsible for the deaths of a few thousand in my time.