why do

On the subject of 10 second kills, I've just googled to find out the average weight of a fox. Average for a dog fox in the uk is 14lbs (one stone?). Why is it so hard to believe that a dog weighing up to 5 times as much, can kill a fox nearly instantly? Granted it might not happen every time, but it wouldn't take much to break the foxes neck with one good strong bite in the right place & one or two good shakes. (Pre ban of course!)

best reply so far now my say if 10lb jr with week mouth fact it is my dog nails a rabbit in a purse net that rabbit can be dead in 1 or 2 seconds by one bite to the ribs end result burst hart and lungs broken back so i cant see how a70lb bull x cant manage the same result rember rabbit is around 3lb so you can :gunsmilie:all do your maths plus i hope bull x have stronger mouth than my jr :gunsmilie::whistling:

I agree. Why is it so hard to believe that a bull x can dispatch a fox in under 10 seconds? Has anyone seen a hound kill a fox pre ban, they are pretty quick and I should imagine a good bull x with a strong bull head would have more jaw strength than the average foxhound.

Sorry just another silly statement head size dont equate with jaw power!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange when I tried to use this arguement on the other post I was laughed at. The same logic has to be applied to any lurcher x good at its job its the eqivalent of putting ricky hatton in with mike tyson!

the difference is a bullx has a hard bite ( as in the breeding) a collie also does not have a bite as hard as a bull , now you are going to come back with a crap comment like 'well let my dog bite you and you tell me it's not hard' which is the sort of comment i would expect .

face it , if you dont want to handle fox get a bull'x , BUT i do believe the collie MAY have a higher catch rate but will never take as much gip.

No wouldnt let me dog bite you I dont know were youv'e been, and if my dog tried that with livestock I know were the bullet would go. I appoligise I had know idea you were a scientist and expert on dog jaw power. So the fact that there has been no scientific study done on this subject you claim (without any evidence) that these dogs of yours have superior jaw or bite power in relation to all the other breeds out there. Amazing! you know what I've learned about bull x's so far on this site? here's a wee list of gems that have come out.

1)bull x's have between 2500 and 3000 psi jaw power ( enough to put a dent in or pierce plate steel I might add)

2) Bull x's will run all night superior stamina

3) Bull x's kill in a matter of seconds

4) They ignore pain

5) They can hang from a bull's lip (terrific sport)

6) they will carry on killing relentlessly day after day no matter how much damage they take (a wee jab of penecillan will sort that out)

I could have added more but by now you will have got my drift. One more thing bigredarse bfore I finish this, see your picture! I suggest that the next time (if you ever leave your armchair)you go asking for permission to hunt on someone's ground you show them the picture and ask which of the two they would prefer on their land...I know were my money would be. Happy hunting!

:clapper:

:clapper: sounds a hell of alot farmiliour to what i said on the previous post on bull cross about jaw power and catch rate but your bang on there and iv only seen the one collie hound take punishment off a fox before but he was 2 year old a packed it in by the age of 3 but not a touch on a bullx as they will take the biting off a fox and not give in .....

Terrier man

Guest bigredbusa

the amazing thing is he really does believe his dog can do what a bullcross can do without jacking , now some of the firstcross owners will know exactly what i am on about .

and dont worry about my permission fella , my permission is everywhere :)

i will say this again ' YOU DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT' .(im talking firstcross / 38/58s etc..)

and just for you regarding the bull on bull pic , both dogs where shot and never jacked (they are not hunting dogs but pets which went walkabouts after a hurracaine) and a local sheriff shot both the dogs , my point is you would never and i mean NEVER see a collie take as much gip as that , now they are pure bred bulls but PLEASE try and understand that is why people want bull in there own dogs to add prey drive or dont you get it AGAIN .

im no way im digging at collies as once again you only hear what you want too but they are hardly prey driven are they ? BUT do make a good cross to have in a lurcher.

why do you think bullx's are not stock broken ? is it because your mate 'tattoo dave's' dog goes for sheep ? lol come on mate we all know any dog is capable of that.

now take a deep breath and take a step back and honestly ask yourself why this so called failed breed is doing so well.

thats my opinion on the breed and why they are chosen by so many.

just for you sweetpea 'undisputed' have a look at the rest of the photos (it just so happened to be a bull but even you should agree they are not afraid of getting stuck in time and time again)

pitcow1-1.jpg

pitcow2.jpg

pitcow3.jpg

pitcow4.jpg

On the subject of 10 second kills, I've just googled to find out the average weight of a fox. Average for a dog fox in the uk is 14lbs (one stone?). Why is it so hard to believe that a dog weighing up to 5 times as much, can kill a fox nearly instantly? Granted it might not happen every time, but it wouldn't take much to break the foxes neck with one good strong bite in the right place & one or two good shakes. (Pre ban of course!)

best reply so far now my say if 10lb jr with week mouth fact it is my dog nails a rabbit in a purse net that rabbit can be dead in 1 or 2 seconds by one bite to the ribs end result burst hart and lungs broken back so i cant see how a70lb bull x cant manage the same result rember rabbit is around 3lb so you can :gunsmilie:all do your maths plus i hope bull x have stronger mouth than my jr :gunsmilie::whistling:

I agree. Why is it so hard to believe that a bull x can dispatch a fox in under 10 seconds? Has anyone seen a hound kill a fox pre ban, they are pretty quick and I should imagine a good bull x with a strong bull head would have more jaw strength than the average foxhound.

Sorry just another silly statement head size dont equate with jaw power!

can you not read i have stated the jr is weak mouthed it just sounds like you just want to argue or wind up not good bnm :icon_eek:

Guest bigredbusa

oh and i will retract what i said about the bite being harder with a bull as that may of been a bit hasty but i have nver claimed 3000psi , but what i do know is a collie would have a prolapse of it arse after about 10 seconds if it got matched .

I have a bit of a quarrel with the bite force given for the Pit Bull. I have no idea where the EDBA got their figure, or where they got any of their facts actually, but I'm going to reference a study done by Dr. Brady Barr. He tested three different breeds of dog - a Rottweiler, Pit Bull, and a German Shepherd - using a pressure gauge hidden in a bite sleeve. He found that of all three breeds of dog, the Pit Bull actually had the lowest bite force. Here are the numbers for you:

Pit Bull: 235 psi

German Shepherd: 238 psi

Rottweiler: 328 psi

now where do you think your sheep herder would come ? lol

and here is a test on bite power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7jhrxy0HKs

Guest bitsa lurcher

lmfao @ undisputed ......either your a wind up merchant or your thick skinned , there are numerous posts / threads on this site about bull x's but you still don't seem to get the picture ....... you have failed to get a grasp of the truth behind the bull x breed so i will spell it out to you ........the bull x breed is getting more and more recognised as being a good allround hunting dog / family pet ....yes they can do both without eating your children for supper ...... and as the bull x is getting more popular it is becoming more clear (not only to me but a whole load of others aswell ) that the bull x is the future in the best allround lurcher ..

for any body reading this that is thinking narrow minded bull x lover i bet he has never had anything else ....well just carry on readin here is the other dog/breed types i have tried

collie x grey

bedlington x lurcher

whippet/grey x collie/grey

deerhound / grey x collie/grey

collie/grey x saluki/grey

then i bought a bull x dog i have bred from him with 2 different bitches . i have a bitch from on mating and a dog from another mating . both are 5/8 3/8 . the bitch being bull/grey and her half brother being bull/grey x collie/grey this means that the dog is 1/8 collie of which i'm not that bothered about . all of the above is just my opinion and is not intended to be malicious towards any breed type . if it works for you good luck . BUT YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF BULLY :victory::clapper:

Guest bobsuperdog

why are you even trying to convert this undisputed fella,is he the kind of person you want to see with a good bullcross,theres already to many clowns with them as it is, :good:

:wallbash: So its not ok for anyone to say anything bad about bull xs but it is ok for you bigred to rip the hole out of collie xs? I have had bull xs that i reared from pups and have been out with plenty of others and being honest they have never been as good as my collie xs who contrary to your opinion can and have done ALL quarry.You are quick enough to rant at anyone with an opinion about bull xs and like to assume you are the foremost authority on lurchers on this site.Has it ever occurred to you that you might not know EVERYTHING there is to know about lurchers?

oh and i will retract what i said about the bite being harder with a bull as that may of been a bit hasty but i have nver claimed 3000psi , but what i do know is a collie would have a prolapse of it arse after about 10 seconds if it got matched .

I have a bit of a quarrel with the bite force given for the Pit Bull. I have no idea where the EDBA got their figure, or where they got any of their facts actually, but I'm going to reference a study done by Dr. Brady Barr. He tested three different breeds of dog - a Rottweiler, Pit Bull, and a German Shepherd - using a pressure gauge hidden in a bite sleeve. He found that of all three breeds of dog, the Pit Bull actually had the lowest bite force. Here are the numbers for you:

Guest bitsa lurcher
why are you even trying to convert this undisputed fella,is he the kind of person you want to see with a good bullcross,theres already to many clowns with them as it is, :good:

a good point you made there bob super :clapper:

Guest bigredbusa

frost , your mate is obviously on a wind up and in the end i bit , but where have i said anything bad about a collie cross ? now who is starting shit ? now look back a few posts and you will clearly see that collie x's have there place along with the bullx .

now fella stop trying to turn this round i know feck all but undistputed seems to have an opinion on bullx's because he has seen a bad one work which i think is unfair.

now go back and have a kiss and a hug as this is my last post on it

For once I agree totally....step forward bigredface.....bitsalurcher...anyone else. Once again for the cheap seats I have never slagged of anyones dog in here only the owners who have came out with some ludicrous and ill-informed statements based on BULLshit. Bigrednose why do you keep banging on about collies?....I see the new tactic is to lump everyone in with me who disagrees with you Bigredhead...whos tatoo dave? youv'e mentioned him a couple of times now

frost , your mate is obviously on a wind up and in the end i bit , but where have i said anything bad about a collie cross ? now who is starting shit ? now look back a few posts and you will clearly see that collie x's have there place along with the bullx .

now fella stop trying to turn this round i know feck all but undistputed seems to have an opinion on bullx's because he has seen a bad one work which i think is unfair.

now go back and have a kiss and a hug as this is my last post on it

:wallbash: not based on one bad experience....get your facts right

lmfao @ undisputed ......either your a wind up merchant or your thick skinned , there are numerous posts / threads on this site about bull x's but you still don't seem to get the picture ....... you have failed to get a grasp of the truth behind the bull x breed so i will spell it out to you ........the bull x breed is getting more and more recognised as being a good allround hunting dog / family pet ....yes they can do both without eating your children for supper ...... and as the bull x is getting more popular it is becoming more clear (not only to me but a whole load of others aswell ) that the bull x is the future in the best allround lurcher ..

for any body reading this that is thinking narrow minded bull x lover i bet he has never had anything else ....well just carry on readin here is the other dog/breed types i have tried

collie x grey

bedlington x lurcher

whippet/grey x collie/grey

deerhound / grey x collie/grey

collie/grey x saluki/grey

then i bought a bull x dog i have bred from him with 2 different bitches . i have a bitch from on mating and a dog from another mating . both are 5/8 3/8 . the bitch being bull/grey and her half brother being bull/grey x collie/grey this means that the dog is 1/8 collie of which i'm not that bothered about . all of the above is just my opinion and is not intended to be malicious towards any breed type . if it works for you good luck . BUT YOU CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF BULLY :victory::clapper:

been through a few dogs mate eh!. The only way bull x's will come anywhere near being good all round lurchers is by adding more greyhound blood which appears to be getting away from what most of the bull guys are arguing about ie jaw power, tenacity courage and by diluting the blood further your surely coming away from these traits...Interesting tho that a lot of the bull x;s have collie blood through them as well...bigredbufoon wouldn.t like that

well you answered your own question bigboy....unless I'm mistaken a german shepherd is a sheep herding dog...oh the humiliation!....hope this doesnt mean that your all going to start x'n with the G/S.....and by the way its hardly a conclusive study either is it....3 dogs

Guest bigredbusa

as you are getting into to petty name calling i think i will reply just this once , german forces use what dog ? german miltary use what dog ? and then you have sheep herders that use what dog ? now go away you little mug . infact keep it to pm's -- oh sorry you dont do that do you as you get your mates to send threatning pm's lol MUG

Killing Machine

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts dick head, Jun 6 2008, 08:27 PM

Rookie Hunter

Group: Donator

Member No.: 14213

if you are ever dodgy with any of my mates again I will find you at the next dog show and stamp your head into the ground ya gee bag!

is he your boyfriend or something , you trying to get me in with a three way ? sorry mate i dont bat for the otherside ,

now run along and 3 dog your foxes you MUG lol maybe your hubby will stand on the foxes head for a bit to give the dogs a chance .

and your right about it not being conclusive because that didnt show up the collie did they ?

fella , your dogs are in a different league and will be busted within a night if they worked as hard as a proper bullx

YOU WANT TO REPLY YOU MUG ? WELL KEEP IT TO PM'S FROM NOW ON . AND JUST MAYBE WHEN YOU REPLY TO THIS AGAIN BEING A STUPID LITTLE MUG THAT YOU ARE THE OTHER MEMBERS WILL REMIND OF WHAT I JUST SAID ABOUT THE PM'S

TA TA SAILOR