Andre Georgescu fox whistle

Guest JohnGalway

An Irish website, shoot.ie has a digital caller called the Tecnoest, it's an excellent digital caller Hpool, check it out. As they go it's not expensive and I will tell you now for certain it'll bring in plenty of foxes for you :yes:

Still interested in hearing from owners of the Andre Georgescu fox whistle :)

Is that the 8 call or 10 call you refer too???.

Guest JohnGalway

Cheers lads :thumbs: I'm a bit like greasemonkey yet, if I don't hold it, it gets spat out lol. Practice, practice :yes:

IL, I use the 10 call. I have a slight problem when reccomending the Mini Colibri (made by Tecnoest). Well, I do and I don't, I'll explain. I own two Mini Colibri callers, one manually controlled I got a couple of years back from decoying.co.uk with their predator chip. The newest one (remote controlled) I got this year from an Italian company, they allowed me to select my own calls. The rabbit distress calls I got from decoying.co.uk are MUCH better than the other ones I've heard and tried. I got a list from the Italian company of "songs" I could put on the chip but no rabbit and no fox list :clapper:

I'm in the position that I can use the predator chip in the remote controlled unit if I want to. So, to be safe I would make sure to at least the predator chip, if not the entire caller from decoying.co.uk. Because I have the good rabbit call on two chips - under different names! I can't say go for a custom chip with this specific rabbit call on it, because I would not be totally sure fi I was reccomending the right call or not.

wooden clothes peg take it apart turn both flat ends to face each other then put piece of cassette tape in between tape one end then slightly open other end and insert same piece of wood something like a match stick then blow gently through middle may need to play around to get right size match then tape up that end as well leaving gap in middle to blow though costs pennys i have been using this for years and once you have made your first one it only gets easier

:clapper: i to have the andre g fox call and after alot of playing around with it got the hang of it. had mine about 6 years now and can use it hands free, and found it to be an a good caller on really windy nights when say your hand or a WAM caller is drowned by the wind noise etc, persevere JOHN and take it with you and give it a go,you hav,nt nothing to lose. regards and good hunting NUTSHOT.. :clapper:
Guest JohnGalway

I'm going to be leaving the electronic caller at home more. I'm not knocking it as it's quite deadly and has accounted for many a fox. It's been a lot of money spent, but well spent. But, when it's in my pocket the lazy angel on my shoulder is whispering the temptation to use it. This year is a funny one for me. I'm quite unbothered about going out foxing, and it could end up being the best thing in the end as I'll end up thinking more openly and using different methods to out wit our red friends. Rather than a driven obsession to be out everynight and not allowing myself time to consider other options. Up until Christmas is pretty much a game anyway, as I'm in sheep country and there are no (commited well run) shoots here I'm only tasked with protecting lambs and the diminishing number of good neighbours who keep fowl. After Christmas as lambing starts to approach it gets more serious as losses can mount up quickly for farmers burdened with a fox who's developed a taste of lamb through one means or another. But that time of year for me is when Spot - Shoot comes into play rather than trying to call them :yes: