Am I allowed to shoot a deer?

Yep had my rifle for a week now. But I would like to know my limitations on how far my hobby can go!

As I was told that only people registered with the ministry can shoot deer!

My bsa is certainly not powerful enough though I would love something with abit more whack.

Yep had my rifle for a week now. But I would like to know my limitations on how far my hobby can go!

As I was told that only people registered with the ministry can shoot deer!

My bsa is certainly not powerful enough though I would love something with abit more whack.

What BSA have you bought mate.

bsa comet 177 - nice rifle and im not sure if im supposed to be bored of it after a week but I want to go up a couple of gears now.

moving a bit fast aint ya pal, i agree with what hpool_hunter says 100% but just take it slow a week of shooting an air rifle i would say is not long enough to want to move up to a rifle. ATB paddy

bsa comet 177 - nice rifle and im not sure if im supposed to be bored of it after a week but I want to go up a couple of gears now.

I've been shooting airguns for over 47 years now and I'm still not bored with them, I also shoot powder burning rifles and shotguns too!.

If, and it's a BIG if, when you move on to a rimfire, do you think you will be bored with that after a couple of weeks?? what will you be after then, a Chieften Tank maybe.

I may be wrong but I've a strong feeling you were asking the same sort of questions about shotguns just a short time ago. :whistling::whistling:

I've been shooting airguns for over 47 years now and I'm still not bored with them, I also shoot powder burning rifles and shotguns too!.

If, and it's a BIG if, when you move on to a rimfire, do you think you will be bored with that after a couple of weeks?? what will you be after then, a Chieften Tank maybe.

I may be wrong but I've a strong feeling you were asking the same sort of questions about shotguns just a short time ago. :whistling::whistling:

Yep, certainly sounds that way to me...

theres loads to learn mate:

*) How to strip down clean and oil you gun

*) Distance judgement

*) Safe or unsafe shots

*) What your quarry is and its habbits

lots and lots to learn pal.

im sure the other guys on here will add to my list.

:thumbs: atb paddy

i have found the perfect rifle that would suit your every need, back yard plinking, to targets over a couple of miles away, it would be a perfect rabbit gun. oh, & would be a perfect choice for dear & probably the other 20 standing behind it...

only down side is the cost & each shot is around £7 so doing your own loading might be an option.