CZ 453 vs 452 and trigger mod

I'm applying for a FAC and have been using a 452 in .22LR which is the rifle I was leaning towards getting. My only concern is the trigger, which as other posts here today have shown can be improved cheaply.

So the question is - is the adjustable and set trigger on the 453 worth it over the shim and spring job on a 452?

Anyone used them back to back?

I'm applying for a FAC and have been using a 452 in .22LR which is the rifle I was leaning towards getting. My only concern is the trigger, which as other posts here today have shown can be improved cheaply.

So the question is - is the adjustable and set trigger on the 453 worth it over the shim and spring job on a 452?

Why do you have concerns about the 452 trigger, do YOU find it unsatisfactory or are you simply being swayed by certain opinions?

I have a 452 with the original trigger and I have no complaints, but I am going to invest the few quid to try the Brooks version (If I can get one anywhere) to see if it does make the difference people claim. The 453 Trigger is DIFFERENT and I hate set triggers, so your question is more than a little difficult to answer. :thumbs:

Why do you have concerns about the 452 trigger, do YOU find it unsatisfactory or are you simply being swayed by certain opinions?

I have a 452 with the original trigger and I have no complaints, but I am going to invest the few quid to try the Brooks version (If I can get one anywhere) to see if it does make the difference people claim. The 453 Trigger is DIFFERENT and I hate set triggers, so your question is more than a little difficult to answer. :thumbs:

I'm not keen on the original trigger, and I've put enough bricks of ammo through it to get used to it. Still don't actually like it though as the creep and weight still intrude.

The 453 manual says that you can remove the set function which would leave an adjustable standard job. I have used set triggers on borrowed guns and having the option is nice

I was thinking the replacement trigger group route, then noticed the shim and spring bargain then finally saw the 453 was available so I'm exploring options. In order to access a 453 I would have to travel to find someone with one in stock so I was trying to get a feel for whether it was worth travelling.

I'm not keen on the original trigger, and I've put enough bricks of ammo through it to get used to it. Still don't actually like it though as the creep and weight still intrude.

The 453 manual says that you can remove the set function which would leave an adjustable standard job. I have used set triggers on borrowed guns and having the option is nice

I was thinking the replacement trigger group route, then noticed the shim and spring bargain then finally saw the 453 was available so I'm exploring options. In order to access a 453 I would have to travel to find someone with one in stock so I was trying to get a feel for whether it was worth travelling.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/

or email..

admin@edgar-brothers.co.uk

and ask them who has a 453.

Might be worth asking here as well.....

http://czowners.ipbfree.com/index.php?

Hopefully find a 453 somewhere but there are not many about as you have probably found, the 453 trigger is meant to be entirely different and I didn't know the user could disable the set function...

I know loads of 452 owners but no 453 yet (even though they have been available for at least 2 years).

set triggers can be good but more suited to centrefire rifles i think. as for quick shooting of rabbits a set trigger would be a pain in the ass i think. where the normal 452 trigger with brooks kit is a delight to use. i found the trigger ok on my cz 22lr but it was a little heavy and had creep. but once i fitted the kit i found the trigger a joy to use.

Edited by jamie g
http://www.guntrader.co.uk/

or email..

admin@edgar-brothers.co.uk

and ask them who has a 453.

Might be worth asking here as well.....

http://czowners.ipbfree.com/index.php?

Hopefully find a 453 somewhere but there are not many about as you have probably found, the 453 trigger is meant to be entirely different and I didn't know the user could disable the set function...

I know loads of 452 owners but no 453 yet (even though they have been available for at least 2 years).

I think the disabling is done by deliberate over-adjusting of one of the adjustment screws, the manual isn't too clear.

Good idea about asking the importer :thumbs:

set triggers can be good but more suited to centrefire rifles i think. as for quick shooting of rabbits a set trigger would be a pain in the ass i think. where the normal 452 trigger with brooks kit is a delight to use. i found the trigger ok on my cz 22lr but it was a little heavy and had creep. but once i fitted the kit i found the trigger a joy to use.

Its a single set, so you can just use the trigger as normal, and only set the set (if you know what I mean) when you can take longer over a shot.

Not sure its worth the extra money.