Wild Brown!!!!

handsome fish mate, who owns the fishing rights on the wansbeck heard it holds some nice trout and grayling
There`s two private sindicates west denton at the north end and wansbeck angling ssociation.Some good fish in here a couple of year`s back there was some great runs of sea trout and odd salmon . People say there`s nothing in it but they just don`t know were to go :victory:

do you fish any other rivers up here mate, i started fly fishing two years ago and have only fished stocked stillwaters,

bought a cheap 4wt outfit the other week and been looking for somewhere to target some wild fish

Ain`t done any fishing this year mate . you can fish the free stretch on the wansbeck,just need your rod licence some good fish on this stretch . Did some fly fishing on the river the other season little spider patterns work well but been to busy this year. Will try and get out prefer a little spinner on and just walk myself .

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here just started fly fishing again after 8 years. Kids now old enough to come with me though.

I dusted off the old gear and thought I would give it a test run on the free stretch of Wansbeck (Morpeth town boundaries).

I'm not sure if the kids, the fish or I got the biggest surprise but nevertheless we will be having wild brown trout for dinner.

Will try to add picture later, but lovely fish, a shade over 1lb. Beautiful healthy and very lively.

This stretch of Wansbeck is well worth a try.

p.s Caught on daddy longlegs fly. :thumbs:

nice one mate looking forward too seeing your pic i still hav'nt had a chance to fish the said stretch of river but your post has refreshed my interest in it soon as i get some time off work will pop up and have a mooch.

p.s welcom to thl tt

Cheers,

Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry, the picture is a bit hazy because I only had my phone handy.

Just had it today, baked with red pepper and Dill. I had forgotten how good they taste.

I will definitely be back down there for more!post-20348-1214755103.jpg