dry skin problem

Hello!

Wonder if any one can help me. My 11 month old whippet has what I can only describe as dandruff!

I have tried some shampoo and tried to add more oil in to his diet in form of tuna and eggs and so on.

Has any one got a clue as what it is and what I can do to cure him?

Many thanks.

Hello!

Wonder if any one can help me. My 11 month old whippet has what I can only describe as dandruff!

I have tried some shampoo and tried to add more oil in to his diet in form of tuna and eggs and so on.

Many thanks.

It could be one on a few things malting/stress/diet give 1 evening primrose capsule daily or add veg oil to food & it should settle in a few weeks.

Hello!

Many thanks.

Could be assosiated with fleas...? Whenever i have taken my lurcher the vets they give his skin and fur a check over and they look for flaking bits caused my fleas i think

Guest patterdale

give him a good brush twice a day and also if you wash him with shampoo then make sure you wash it out the coat properly as the soap suds can make the dandruff worce

don't overwash him, more than once a month is too much as it hinders the natural oils in the coat

feed mackerel, sardines, salmon skin or other oily fish, or avocado if you can get it

stress can do it too

don't overwash him, more than once a month is too much as it hinders the natural oils in the coat

feed mackerel, sardines, salmon skin or other oily fish, or avocado if you can get it

stress can do it too

A soft brush to help remove the flaky bits, but otherwise as above.