New Hide!!

Hi all,

When me and my mate arrived at our permission today found that our old and very unsucsessfull hide had been trashed by the bad weather. We could not be bothered to re-build as it was not getting us the results we had hoped for. So insted my mate sugested that we make a new one in a better location, and what a little gem it has turned out to be. We baited the crows crudely with bread and fish and waited. And before we knew it we had some crows very interested, two landed and in a cool sincronised fashion we took them both down. :gunsmilie: . Then not long after a load of bloody seagulls turned up (as our permission is close to the sea) and spooked the crows, making them rush in and take a more snatch and run approach to the bait.

Also saw a few magpies but the seagulls had ruined it for us, But the new hide was a sucess and we are well chuffed with it.

P.s anyone have a seagull deterant!! hahaha!!

If you look at the crow on the right it still has bread in its beak!!

post-15590-1211052990_thumb.jpg

post-15590-1211053015_thumb.jpg

post-15590-1211053040_thumb.jpg

post-15590-1211053053_thumb.jpg

Edited by LOGUNSOLO177

awesome mate..................good results too!!!!!!!!!!!

best seagull repelent is your SOLO mate.lol

cheers

sean

Cheers mate!! Hahahahaha I wish!!!

Just switched from accupells to air arms feild diablo pellets and I have noticed a real consistancy and knockdown improvement!! 1/2 inch groups @ 30 yds!! yea buddy!! :gunsmilie:

i use a a fields in my solo....................try em with some pellet lube..........even better.....when i last zeroed i was putting pellets on pellets at 35yds........( more good luck maybe!!)

get similar results with accupels though.............but only with pellet lube????

cheers matey

sean

What pellet lube do you use sean???

I wish I had a 222!! but there were that many I would of been better off with a grenade!! =@ hahaha!!

power lube..................best ive tried!!!!!!! think its made by napier.

small bottle/red card backing only around £2 enough for about 3000/4000 pellets

hey first off nice shooting .

iv just got a quick qestion for you in the third pic i see yor using on off those clip on bipods ?

and as im in the market for a bipod but dont really like the thought of drilling into my riflr or having the extra wight .

i was wondering if thay was any good ?

Nice one LS! :thumbs:

With regards to the shite hawks (seagulls!), take a look at the general licenses pinned at the top of the section, & see if you can't find a reason to blast the feckers! :thumbs:

I wish I had a 222!! but there were that many I would of been better off with a grenade!! =@ hahaha!!

power lube..................best ive tried!!!!!!! think its made by napier.

small bottle/red card backing only around £2 enough for about 3000/4000 pellets

Cheers mate I will give it a go!!

hey first off nice shooting .

iv just got a quick qestion for you in the third pic i see yor using on off those clip on bipods ?

and as im in the market for a bipod but dont really like the thought of drilling into my riflr or having the extra wight .

i was wondering if thay was any good ?

Cheers!! And as for the bipod that used to be mine, great for spring rifles but not so good for most pcp's. My mate has had to

mod it a little and all he does is rest on it. Not to bad if you are in a hide but my mate really wants a harris like mine. The

drilling isnt to hard to do and is worth it for some added stabillity. They are also very light so weight wont be a problem.

Nice one LS! :thumbs:

With regards to the shite hawks (seagulls!), take a look at the general licenses pinned at the top of the section, & see if you can't find a reason to blast the feckers! :thumbs:

I had a look and could not see anything about blatting seagulls. And am I right in thinking its illegal to shoot them?

nice hide lads ...looks great ... bet you could doze of under there ..... :gunsmilie:

good result to i like the camo on your gun to very sniper looking :clapper::clapper:

Cheers mate!! Yea it was very cosey!! Yea we had some camo material lying arround and decided to cover the ends of the guns, It really works too!!

nice hide lads ...looks great ... bet you could doze of under there ..... :gunsmilie:

good result to i like the camo on your gun to very sniper looking :clapper::clapper:

What hide! What guns! :gunsmilie: All I could see was a picture of two dead blacks and three pictures of grass fields!!! :whistling:

Edited by Bandit

use very little ....i put approx 100 pellets in a plastic bag and add 4 drops of lube, dont shake the bag it may damage the skirts!!!!.......just gently massage it (ooo...errr!!). then i leave them in the plastic bag inside my pellet pouch......so they dont dry out!!

if you use the 10 shot mag on your solo it helps with loading aswell....much,much smoother!!!

cheers mate

sean

What hide! What guns! :gunsmilie: All I could see was a picture of two dead blacks and three pictures of grass fields!!! :whistling:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Cheers mate!!!

use very little ....i put approx 100 pellets in a plastic bag and add 4 drops of lube, dont shake the bag it may damage the skirts!!!!.......just gently massage it (ooo...errr!!). then i leave them in the plastic bag inside my pellet pouch......so they dont dry out!!

if you use the 10 shot mag on your solo it helps with loading aswell....much,much smoother!!!

cheers mate

sean

Cheers for the advice mate I will give it a go!! I just put my 10 shot mag back on for today and I think it moves the bolt ever so slightly because it has moved my point of impact quite a bit, Also I get a few random shots now!!

Heres some pics from today at the hide.

Same thing Bloody seagulls ruined it for us!!

post-15590-1211135787_thumb.jpg

post-15590-1211135803_thumb.jpg

cheers for the info solo .i take it the harris dosnt weigh as much as thay look?

why is the bipod nogood for pcp's ? i have a bsa spitfire break barrel so it's like a springer just with out the recoil

may have to pop down to the local gunsmiths later in the week>

m

Edited by m.hubbard