Bore Foam-Must be an easier Way?

Hi, can someone suggest a easier way to put borefoam down a barrel that is smaller than the application tube.

I seem to be struggling. No problem on my .243, but making a mess on the .22. Before I spend the next 2 weeks in the workshop fiddling, anyone got a simpler solution?

Thanks

:icon_redface:

i just push the end of the nozzle tight to the end of the barrel, and push a cloth into the chamber tight up the breach with a pen hey presto.....

just spray lightly, or the bore foam will be everywhere. trust me i know for experence.

Before I spend the next 2 weeks in the workshop fiddling, anyone got a simpler solution?

Thanks

Seriously not trying to be funny, but if that is causing you a problem, a simpler solution is to look at another product that is simpler and probably much better - there are loads of them on the market

I have a circle of shooting friends and none of them use bore foam, in fact most use MC7 which rids the barrel of all copper and is easy to use.

Hi, can someone suggest a easier way to put borefoam down a barrel that is smaller than the application tube.

I seem to be struggling. No problem on my .243, but making a mess on the .22. Before I spend the next 2 weeks in the workshop fiddling, anyone got a simpler solution?

Thanks

butchers bore shine is good so everyone tells me when using it on there centrefires

ive been told put some on a bush down the barrel and then a couple on patches.

and then dry patchs to make sure its all out. and then the rifle is good to go again :whistling:

dont no if its true as i havent tryed it yet :laugh: but a fair amount of people have told me its verry good stuff.

just make sure its a nylon bursh you use and clean it off after :thumbs:

butchers bore shine is good so everyone tells me when using it on there centrefires

and then dry patchs to make sure its all out. and then the rifle is good to go again :whistling:

dont no if its true as i havent tryed it yet :laugh: but a fair amount of people have told me its verry good stuff.

It's very good stuff and the cleaning regime you describe above is exactly what I use (except I add a last patch with oil if I'm putting the rifle away).

It's very good stuff and the cleaning regime you describe above is exactly what I use (except I add a last patch with oil if I'm putting the rifle away).

then do you put a dry patch down again just before you use it next time chris ?

to take the oil away

It is good on my centrefire, just that the application tube is quite large, and it should be applied through the chamber end of the barrel, with the barrel vertically pointing down to prevent crud going where you dont want it. Lots of room on a detachable magazine .243. not much room on a .22lr.

I had thought of putting a heat shrink tube over the end, haven't had time to try it yet, wife's had me gardening all day.

I take on board the suggestion to try another product, it just that it when it is in the barrel, it works well. Plus to be honest, it''s £8 a can, 25 mile round trip to the gun shop, i only get to go on a saturday, and i'm trying to shoot in a barrel, and i getting impatient :thumbdown:

i don't fancy putting it in through the chamber end as some could go everywhere, well with the forest foam i use anyway which has a very short spout.

i place a rag and press it lightly into the breach, the from the muzzle end spray in the foam then leave the muzzle end slightly lower than the butt, and leave for a few hours before i clean it out............. :gunsmilie: