Whats your Sunday normally like?

hour out with the dog, good few hours watchin the discovery channel with a big joint, another hour with the dog then hi ho hi ho its off to work i go

same as any other day

if i have to buy presents for mother on mothers day and the same for my father on fathers day how come i get sweet F.A on sonday :whistling:

Up early to get the Sunday papers, read them all and then sit down to a nice roast & veg, while the wifes washing up it's out with the dog for a walk and then back home for some desert and a couple of hours kip on the couch.

its still mid afternoon here so i have a lot of daylight left to kill

so far this morning i've cleaned the house (wont bore you with those details)

fed all the animals and moved baby rabbits to a new location. it was too hot in the last place and lost three due to the heat. Then cut the grass, watered everyone... and here i am cooling off!

once i get over the light headed heat stroke feeling i'll be getting dinner ready and cleaning house again (such is life with three boys, i guess) doesnt sound like much but there's always something to do!

so what do you normally do on sundays? i keep hearing about it being a day of rest, but i think someone lied!

get up,have a wash,sort the dog out,have breakfast(about 11)go to the pub and get pissed,watch the football with more beer,go home(with take outs)

have a row about drinking with the other dog,drink my take outs,then go to bed.average sunday really as i dont tend to drink during the week,p****d up with a shotgun is not a good idea!

Guest JohnGalway
yep the last time we had to do that we used the 16 gauge. blew the head off a 6 foot rattle snake.... however thats been the largest one out here. the rest have all been copper heads that were rather small.... you can usually just whack them with a shovel lol .... if you even see them. last year i was running from the from the back yard to the front and almost landed on a copperhead lying next to the house :icon_eek: . he got away... then the next day my mom found one of the same size among her flower pots.

since the rats have all left the barn we havent seen them around... but i wont hold my breath!!

Rattlers and copperheads :icon_eek: , I think I'd get a holster made up for a sawn off shotgun, carry it everywhere :clapper: 6 feet, that's almost as big as me! Now here's an odd question, does anyone trap snakes? I don't just mean for getting venom for reasearch (probably do that by hand anyway) but to remove them as a pest, or control them.

Same as any other day to me, been farming more than 10 years so there's jobs to be done everyday. Saturday would be a better day for me, knock off and watch a couple of hours of the Dukes of Hazzard reruns :D

Dukes of Hazzards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, sure is a mighty cotton picking way of spending a few hours in front of the box, what channel John???

Guest JohnGalway
Dukes of Hazzards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, sure is a mighty cotton picking way of spending a few hours in front of the box, what channel John???

I think it starts around 1.30 on RTE 1 or 2 I forget which, great TV :yes:

well ia m more than likely hungover from the night before so dont do all that much but yesterday i had a good day in the garden planting stuff that should have been done weeks ago, i do a shift in the local pub/restraunt every sunday night

My sundays differ every week except for walking the dogs but thats part of a normal day.

I might be at a seven's tounament or pulling a 13 hour shift like I did this week to help out a mate (I take my hat off to waitresses! Its bloody hard work! :laugh: ). Usually though I do something nice with my daughter or go for a nice long walk with her, my mum and her OH and the dogs or something. Over the summer there will be a few gamefairs etc to go to and end of august we have a presidents rugby match on bank holiday sunday and a fun day afterwards.