Veggy oil & Diesel

Well, due to the ever increasing prices of fuel, I decided to add a drop of veggy oil into my tank. Apparantly you can use 2500 litres a year, without declaring it.

I put £7.50 of diesel in the tank, which is about 6 litres...which is a fecking disgrace

And i added a litre of veggy oil. Which, yes, is a weak mix, but i wanted to see how my enginge coped with it.

So far, its running fine. Havent noticed any lack of power...etc....

so perhaps i'll "up" the veggy oil intake soon..

70% diesel 30% veggy oil.....works fine....so i'm told

That mix does work fine in my jeep but it's not worth doing now the price of veg oil has gone through the roof as well :censored:

funny thing, i made a point of seeing how much veggie oil is today, 3 litres is £2.97 in tesco and asda, its bloody sad to think that theres no duty to pay to the government and the price has still gone up with the rise in diesel...

That mix does work fine in my jeep but it's not worth doing now the price of veg oil has gone through the roof as well :censored:

i dont know about there, but you can go around to the burger joints and ask for the fryvat oil. they throw it out.

only problem there is you have to do some work to strain all the flak out of it.

i wish WE had diesels... :wallbash:

my husband is working on a way to run the car on water. so far so good. just need the $$$ to actually install the bitch.

We keep thinking about running the 01 Navara on veggy oil / diesel mix, but just daredn't do it! There's a spot in town that does the bio oil, it's 98p a litre. But, we dont' know anyone first hand that uses it, only people that know people that know people - you get what I mean! If we knew someone first hand we'd maybe venture into it! Don't want to feck the engine up... best car we've ever had and most money we've every spent on one!!!

We've just bought a little run around...using that to compensate for having a gas guzzler!!!

Shell

We keep thinking about running the 01 Navara on veggy oil / diesel mix, but just daredn't do it! There's a spot in town that does the bio oil, it's 98p a litre. But, we dont' know anyone first hand that uses it, only people that know people that know people - you get what I mean! If we knew someone first hand we'd maybe venture into it! Don't want to feck the engine up... best car we've ever had and most money we've every spent on one!!!

We've just bought a little run around...using that to compensate for having a gas guzzler!!!

Shell

my vehicle just has a straight diesel engine... if it was out fancy like HdI tdci... etc.. i wouldnt do it...... Apparantly, especially in HdI's it can feck the injectors ;)

Oil was 78p a litre in Lidl and 98p in Tesco.

Now they are virtually the same :angry:

Feckin robbing b'stard Tesco's and the like

Won't get me beer from there no more :feck:

Oil was 78p a litre in Lidl and 98p in Tesco.

Now they are virtually the same :angry:

Feckin robbing b'stard Tesco's and the like

Won't get me beer from there no more :feck:

is this price in lidl up to date? if so, i'll get down there tomorow... i checked tesco today, bloody sad... as if the government arent screwing enough money out of us, these dole bums got it right off... dont have to worry about feck all

if you add 50/50 mix its sound in any diesel i got mine towards 80/20 but i found my engine started to like the oil and if it didnt get oil added it didnt run as good any one else have this problem ? i read a thing on whats called HEAVY OIL which was the first diesel fuel we call it cooking oil now basically it said the first diesel fuel was called heavy oil which is what we now call cooking oil through the years its changed thickness etc