my border terrier

Tell me about it Mick mine was having a good time down the beck last night chasing bunnies :clapper: missus werent impressed but what can you do!

mines the same well be out on a little mooch hell be about 50 yards in front round the corner all i hear is a couple of whines next minuite hes running all around the field yapping after a bunny hes even caught three. And as for going through thick undergrowth nothing will stop him if he knows there is something there.

if it works then its a working terrier people think you must dig a terrier i dont think so mine a rats and rabbiters and do it well i am awere it must be hard to find a good digging dog as any terrier should be able to hunt rats /rabbit some better than others

were bushing is concerned they need to watch a nother dog when pups but mostly there nature will make them hunt im not a digging expert but i bet it takes more to train maybe im wrong

If the only work your terrier does is ratting and rabbiting then yes it is a terrier that works.

Is it a true working terrier? No.

I'm not saying your terrier wont work below but that is what a terrier should do to be called a true working terrier.

Most dogs will kill rats. It's as simple as that and a good spaniel will make a better bushing dog than a good terrier.

Enjoy your terriers and hopefully he'll pop below some day and bolt a fox for you. He's a nice type of border and when a border does work they can be as good as any terrier from any strain.

You see a lot of terrier pups for sale from "working parents" where the parents are ratters and bushers and not workers as such. This is a big reason there's so much waste out there. JMHO

Edited by Neil Cooney.
Guest whitser
if it works then its a working terrier people think you must dig a terrier i dont think so mine a rats and rabbiters and do it well i am awere it must be hard to find a good digging dog as any terrier should be able to hunt rats /rabbit some better than others

were bushing is concerned they need to watch a nother dog when pups but mostly there nature will make them hunt im not a digging expert but i bet it takes more to train maybe im wrong

a working terrier is an earth dog thats finds,stays,bolts,dug etc....

if its used for ferreting,ratting etc...its a sporting terrier. thats my understanding and i agree with it.

a working terrier is an earth dog thats finds,stays,bolts,dug etc....

if its used for ferreting,ratting etc...its a sporting terrier. thats my understanding and i agree with it.

A sensible way of looking at it :thumbs:

what do you think of him

HEY!! Nice boy you got there!! Ive got a border bitch myself she's knackered now mind you!! Only 8 years old but had a lot of hard work! A great hardy wee dog, i'll always have a soft spot for borders but won't deny the fact that good working borders are getting harder and harder to come by! It's a sad fact but the show world is surley trashing these wonderfull dogs!