changing jrt

:was just wondering if i am the only person who is dissapointed the way that at tl shows all the placed russels seem to be obvious russel lakeland crosses...dont get me wrong, they are a cracking mix of dogs, but i feel this allowance of this growing trend is starting to take results away from genuine good jrt ...and before the abuse, no im not a bitter showman am a worker and this is just an observation... :thumbdown:

probably a trend amongst the judges........ive noticed it with other breeds / x breeds over the years it will probably go full circle and change when the judges change.

dont think its a touchy subject........a good dog is a good dog.....regardless of breed

all the best

sean

Hi Justin, I think you'd be hard pushed to find any jrt's without lakey blood these days, although they do exist. By "genuine good jrt" do you mean the smooth types? Remember a russell was a fox terrier to start with, you don't see many smooths in the old pictures, they were as much a "lakey" type as we have now.

All the best

Stevie

Edited by Stevie D
my smooth russell won best in show today, beating a lot of "lakey" types, so not all judges are after that type.

what this mate, had it peice of game now, onto the show world, rossette hunter!! :whistling::feck:

post-2037-1208771998.jpgpost-2037-1208771857.jpglakie blooded smooth???? :no:

Hi Justin, I think you'd be hard pushed to find any jrt's without lakey blood these days, although they do exist. By "genuine good jrt" do you mean the smooth types? Remember a russell was a fox terrier to start with, you don't see many smooths in the old pictures, they were as much a "lakey" type as we have now.

All the best

Stevie

Our 10yr old daughter loves taking our dogs to local shows in the summer, and yes there are alot of white lakeys in the jr classes, sometimes they win sometimes they dont, but hey each to their own, the way we look at it is that its a bit of fun for her (and the mutts aint doing much else then anyway.)

post-2037-1208771998.jpgpost-2037-1208771857.jpglakie blooded smooth???? :no:

All the best

Stevie

Hi Don, I didn't mean the smooths had lakey blood, I was asking if he meant smooths were the genuine type. Maybe the way I wrote it, anyway, lovely type there, I know your stuff will be one of the few exceptions with no foreign blood and wish you all the best with them.

Stevie

thank you all for your replys, no, i dont think a genuine russel has to be smooth, i got a broken coated bitch myself...once again thank you all for taking the time to reply to my rantings...good hunting all and roll on the day the hunting ban is lifted...