Australian Cattle dog

Guest ocs1867

Out of interest, talking of herding dogs from down under, have New Zealand Huntaways ever been used in Lurcher breeding? One or two local farmers have been using them to good effect - the two I have seen had a good temprament- amiable and laid back, but very good instinct and good learners. The leggier one had plenty of speed, and as you might expect, superb endurance.

The dog thieves obviously rated them, as they were both stolen.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
New Zealand Huntaways: The dog thieves obviously rated them, as they were both stolen.

:hmm: Did that make them " Take Aways " ?

Sorry. I'll get my coat .....

I think Huntaways use their voice to work so could possibly produce a noisy lurcher. As for Cattle Dogs, I think that the majority, if not all, of breeders in this country breed for show. I think it's because ACDs are more exaggerated/exaggeratable (for want of a better term) than Kelpies so ACDs have been imported in order to produce expensive ACDs whereas Kelpies have been imported in order to produce working sheep and cattle dogs. But then again I am biased. :angel: