welsh hounds

Guest whitser

Guest whitser
post-2797-1207404912_thumb.jpgany lads with knowledge of welsh hounds, was just wondering are they early or late starters? i recently git a harrier x welsh hound pup and she seems a lot less mature then say a harrier would be at about 10 months. now she wont be hunting til october but was just wondering are they slower to mature.

post-2797-1207404912_thumb.jpgany lads with knowledge of welsh hounds, was just wondering are they early or late starters? i recently git a harrier x welsh hound pup and she seems a lot less mature then say a harrier would be at about 10 months. now she wont be hunting til october but was just wondering are they slower to mature.

it depends on the dog really some enter by twelve to fourteen months others will be nearer second season before penny drops. you'll know by end of next season yourself wether or not to hold on to her for second season. we had three welsh x harriers two turned out to be very deep scenting hounds with a great voice and would have to be dug from an earth sometimes before you could enter a terrier. hope this helps, y.i.s sionnach

same as all hounds id say mate she still oniy young she may not click till her second season :thumbs:
ive worked with 3 packs of welsh hounds and none are late starters. thats the biggest load of shit ive heard. ive had 6 month old pups hunting while out on walk to farmers. i had one that was hunting afox on my parents farm across open fields.

your a luck man to have hounds entering at six months. as i said depends on dog and when i mean entered i mean drawing cover not hunting a line in the open. :victory:

ive worked with 3 packs of welsh hounds and none are late starters. thats the biggest load of shit ive heard. ive had 6 month old pups hunting while out on walk to farmers. i had one that was hunting afox on my parents farm across open fields.

there are late and early starters in all types of hounds some will never enter or make the grade if you have hunted 3 packs of hounds and every hound has enterd for you,you are one very lucky man :toast:

there are late and early starters in all types of hounds some will never enter or make the grade if you have hunted 3 packs of hounds and every hound has enterd for you,you are one very lucky man :toast:

well some people wont breed shit, and dont go breeding out of adog or bitch with one season behind them. i found with hunting with english, welsh, fell hounds, blood hounds and the french hounds that the welsh hounds cant be touched for there hunting ability. why do you think they introduced the welsh blood into the english breeding

well some people wont breed shit, and dont go breeding out of adog or bitch with one season behind them. i found with hunting with english, welsh, fell hounds, blood hounds and the french hounds that the welsh hounds cant be touched for there hunting ability. why do you think they introduced the welsh blood into the english breeding

they bred welsh in to them for independants i love the weish hound our pack is 80 per cent welsh and 20 per cent fell all i said is that you wont get every welsh hound hunting at 6 months old some are slower than others and some will never hunt no mater if they are out of the best lines in the world or if they have done 6 or 7 seasons you will get waste in any hunt and any body who says they dont are full of sh t :tongue2:

I find it very hard to believe that NONE were late starters ferretman. It's with all types of working dogs you get the early and late starters.

ferrett man you must be eating magic mushrooms while out with your hounds!!!

:wankerzo4:

no mate i wasnt brought up in adump of shit hole like you mate.

Here we go again another slanging match. Ferretman you seem to love the old banter. As soon as some one has a different opinion too you ya dont like it, well get a grip and stop clogging the site up with your bollox. And there aint f**k all wrong with Swansea mush.

I do not want to start an argument or anything but when I clicked on this post and saw a picture of that dog my first reaction was that it was an english hound not welsh! I was always told that the english hound was a little bit smaller and smoother coated, and the welsh hound was taller and slightly broken coated. Now whether or not this is 100% right I dont know im not into these types of hounds that much but a friend of a friend has had dogs like these and this is how they have referred to it to describe their hounds from english to welsh! (by the way nice looking dog mate). Here is a pic of local welsh hounds, these hounds were also at the caerphilly L+T show a couple of weeks ago.

2007_0424dog-show0033.jpg